The mission of the Harford Sailfish Swim
Team is to create an environment supported by Coaches, Parents,
Volunteers and Families where swimmers of all ages & abilities
can participate. The goal is to help each swimmer develop to reach
their physical, athletic and personal potentials. Our purpose
is to make a difference in the lives of children that swim by
providing a safe, positive reinforced environment for training and
competition. This environment will allow coaches to provide
instruction which is consistent with a swimmer's ability, desire
and performance. Team participation will create opportunities for
social and emotional development as well as building
• To teach all of the members of the
swim team the value, rewards and potential that
• Provide a safe positive environment
for members of the team.
• Provide coaches who are good role models for the purpose of
motivation, attitude, enthusiasm, morals and
• Provide an environment where coaches and athletes may
establish realistic goals
and objectives and measure their progress against
established standards as
benchmarks for improvement.
• Provide opportunities to learn sportsmanship, team
cooperation and pride.
• Provide a wholesome and worthwhile recreational activity
that swimmers can go
on to enjoy for a lifetime.
We are COPPA Compliant - Check Links for More
We are Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention
Policy [MAAPP] Compliant - Check Links for More