The mission of the Harford Sailfish Swim
Team is to create an environment supported by Coaches, Parents,
Volunteers and Families where swimmers of all ages & abilities
can participate. The goal is to help each swimmer develop to reach
their physical, athletic and personal potentials. Our purpose
is to make a difference in the lives of children that swim by
providing a safe, positive reinforced environment for training and
competition. This environment will allow coaches to provide
instruction which is consistent with swimmers ability, desire and
performance. Team participation will create opportunities for
social and emotional development as well as building
• To teach all of the members of the
swim team the value, rewards and potential that
• Provide a safe positive environment
for members of the team.
• Provide coaches who are good role models for the purpose of
motivation, attitude, enthusiasm, morals and
• Provide an environment where coaches and athletes may
establish realistic goals
and objectives and measure their progress against
established standards as
benchmarks for improvement.
• Provide opportunities to learn sportsmanship, team
cooperation and pride.
• Provide a wholesome and worthwhile recreational activity
that swimmers can go
on to enjoy for a lifetime.
We are COPPA Compliant - Check Links for More
We are Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention
Policy [MAAPP] Compliant - Check Links for More