WHY SHOULD MY CHILD BE A SWIMMER?
- Swimming is an outstanding
activity for people of all ages.
- Swimming promotes fitness and
teaches a child to strive for physical achievement. Many
super-stars in other sports started out as swimmers and gained
strength and coordination that helped them to excel.
- Swimming is an exciting
individual and team sport.
- Swimming is a technical and
specialized activity involving extensive skill development.
- Swimming is a healthy "lifetime"
activity. Participants may be 1 or 101 years old.
- Swimming is relatively injury
free in comparison to other youth sports.
- Swimming teaches the life
lessons of sport and sportsmanship which include learning to deal
with winning and losing, as well as working with officials,
teammates and coaches.
- Swimming motivates participants
to strive for self improvement and teaches goal orientation.
- Swimming cultivates a positive
mental attitude and high self-esteem.
- Swimming is a skill that
can save a person's life. To be an excellent, strong and fast
swimmer increases that person's chances of surviving a water
accident and being able to help others.