In August 2015 I joined the incredible Oregon Community Swim Club Staff as the Co-Head Coach in charge of Elite Swimmers and responsible for Coaching Development. In our first Short Course Season together, we placed 9th for 10 & unders at 12 & Under State, won 10 medals and set 51 new club records. 3 of our swimmers achieved Speedo cuts and swam in the Speedo Regional Meet. 4 other swimmers qualified for the National Elite Showcase meet in Clearwater, FL where they competed and 2 of them medaled in events. In March of 2016 I happily accepted the Head Coach position for the TigerSharks and I eagerly anticipate more and more success for this very talented and driven group of young athletes.
- Davis Monthan Air Force Base – first head coach job, summer 1983
- Eastern Hills Orcas – Tucson, AZ
- During my 11 years with the Orcas we grew from a small summer team in the 4th, (of 5), division of the Southern Arizona Aquatic Association to a team of 180 plus and won our division championships 8 times. The last 3 of those were in the top division and we were runners up in that division the three times we did not win. At Eastern Hills I was blessed to coach Caitlyn Leverenz who went who went>
- Sahuaro High School – Tucson, AZ (my alma mater)
- I was lucky to coach 3 state champions during this time, including Julie Osinsky who won back to back 500 free state titles. Julie's club coach was Doug Northway who had medaled at the Olympics after his junior year at Sahuaro High School and I learned a ton from both Julie and Doug. We also had 6 runner ups and numerous medalists during this time.
- Waunakee High School – Waunakee, WI
- I focused on re-building the high school program into a competitive force and also founded the Waunakee Orcas summer team. My assistant coaches successfully turned the Orcas into a USA Swimming club and Patrick Finley, my most successful HS swimmer for the boys' team was the head coach for the Seminole Sharks one point.
- H2OLoo – Waterloo, WI
- While at LOO the club had 4 state champions, three state high point runners up, 10 Zone team qualifiers and two Speedo Meet qualifiers, and numerous medalists during my tenure and we stayed somewhere in the top twenty for team results most of the time. We also set approx. 70% of the 40 year old club's records during that five years.
I have a BA (Religious Studies) and teaching credential (K-8) from the University of Arizona. During my undergrad studies, I completed numerous Theory of Coaching classes. Served as an Officer in the US Army from ’87 – ‘90.
Through it all I learned the most from the mistakes I made and the success due to the hard work and dedication of the athletes I coached.