I have been involved with swimming in some capacity for over four decades. My competitive years started with summer pool in the North Shore Aquatic Association in the West Island of Montreal. I swam at the club level with the Point Claire Swim Club, North Shore Swim Club and the Beaconsfield Bluefins. Following club swimming I went on to swim for the John Abbott College Islanders and was a member of the provincial championship team in 1978-79. Also swam for one season with the University of Waterloo Warriors as a walk-on. I have also swam at the Masters level in Canada and in the US.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science from Concordia University in Montreal. I am an Athletic Trainer certified by the National Athletic Trainer's Association and I am also a Strength Coach/Personal Trainer certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
My work as an Athletic Trainer spanned 17 years in the professional ranks. Initially working in the Canadian Football League with the Montreal Alouettes from 1983-1986. I then spent 2 seasons in the American Hockey league with the Montreal Canadiens farm team in Sherbrooke, Quebec. I was promoted to the parent club in 1988 and was a member of the 1993 Stanley Cup championship team. My last 2 years in the NHL were as the Strength Coach/Athletic Trainer for the Tampa Bay Lightning. I worked one final hockey season at Bowdoin College in Brunswick Maine, in 2001. After which I began working as an Athletic Trainer/ Personal Trainer in private practice, in South Florida.
I have held the following swim coaching positions:
- North Broward Preparatory School Head Varsity Coach, 2019-
- North Broward Preparatory School Assistant Varsity Coach, 2016-2018
- USA Swimming Southern Zone Select Camp Assistant Coach, 2016
- Saint Andrew’s Swimming (SAS) Age Group Coach 2008-2010. Head Age Group Coach 2010-2016
- Head Coach Florida Gold Coast, USA Swimming Age Group Southern Zone Championships, 2015
- USA Swimming Age Group Southern Zone Championships Assistant Coach, 2014
- USA Swimming Age Group Southern Zone Championships Assistant Coach, 2012
- Saint Andrew’s School Assistant Varsity Coach, 2012
I have a technique/skill first approach to a swimmers progression, working towards race pace adaptation. I promote ownership's of one’s swimming in all facets. Ultimately I believe swimming is the process by which we become better prepared for life’s challenges. If we can instill a foundation on which our athletes/students can then build upon and ultimately make a difference, then we have accomplished our goal as educators.