Kenneth B Cobb
Aquatics Director & Head Swim Coach
Hi, I'm Coach Ken... the founder of Longwood Aquatics, LLC and Head Coach of the LWA year-round USA Swimming® club team. I'm also the Head Coach of the Lyman High School Greyhound Swim Team. Prior to these positions I spent 6 years coaching with Patriot Aquatics from 2010 - 2016, a USA Swimming® Program located at the Lake Brantley High School Aquatic Center where I was also the Assistant Coach of the High School team. I have been a Coach Member of USA Swimming® since 1985 and am a certified coach and member of the American Swim Coaches Association® (ASCA) and National Interschoolastic Swimming Coaches Association (NISCA). I was also recently selected to Florida Swimming's All-Star and US Southeastern Zone Coaching Staff for 2016, 2017 and named Asst Head Coach for 2018.
As an Age Group and Prep stand-out swimmer, I spent my childhood, teenage and college years in the pool either as a swimmer, instructor or coach. My swim instruction background began with several years serving both the American Red Cross® and YMCA organizations in such capacities as Head Swim Instructor and Aquatics Director. During my college years at the University of Kentucky, I served as Head Swim Coach for two different club teams and served 2 years as President of the Central Kentucky Swim Conference. I then went on to help form and serve as Head Age Group Coach to a prominent Lexington, KY based USA Swimming® sanctioned team. With over 15 years of experience, I've coached state champions and record holders, junior national qualifiers and finalists, high school All-Americans and college scholarship athletes.
I left the coaching ranks a few years after college to enter the business world. Fast forwarding many years, when my oldest son began swimming in 2010, I was reintroduced to a sport that I love. Shortly thereafter, I began what is now the second chapter of my coaching career. During the day I'm still a business owner, at night and weekends I'm Coach Ken. I live in Longwood, FL with my wife Abbey and 2 sons Bradley and Jackson.
- Certified Coach Member of USA Swimming® Since 1985
- American Swim Coaches Association® [ASCA] Level 3 Certification
- ASCA® Certified Stroke Technician
- National Interscholastic Swimming Coaches Assocation Member (NISCA)
- Certified Masters Coach with United States Masters Swimming® [USMS]
- Certified CPR, First Aid and Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Current with USA Swimming Level II Background Check
- Current with USA Swimming Athlete Protection Training
- Certified Aquatics Director (CAD®)
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO®)
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor® (WSI)
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor® (LGI)
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid and AED Certified
- P.A.D.I. ® Scuba Certified
My Coaching Philosophy: Click Here