Our coaches are veteran competitive swimmers, swim instructors and swim coaches. Collectively the group has coached summer league, YMCA, high school, college, AAU and USA Swimming.
Hello, my name is Chris Beadle and I am originally from Brevard County. I started swimming at age 6 at the Rockledge High School pool with the team ROCOA. I attended Cocoa High School and was All-American, qualified for Junior Nationals at 14 and Senior Nationals at 15. I was blessed to attend and swim for Florida State on scholarship. I graduated with a BS in Merchandising. I have traveled all over the world having been an Air Force wife for 20 years. I have 3 children, who unfortunately do not swim, and two dogs. I am head coach of Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy Swim and Dive as well as assistant swim coach at Cocoa Jr/Sr High. I am a total beach lover and you will most likely find me there, if not at the pool! I absolutely love the sport of swimming and am avid about everyone learning to swim!
My name is Mary Hoyt and I am currently the head swim coach at Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr High School. I received a swimming scholarship to attend the University of Georgia and graduated with a masters in Early Childhood Education. Before attending UGA, I swam in Canada and competed in the 1984 Olympics, I was ranked 5th in the world in my event, 200 breastroke. I recently moved to the Cocoa Beach area from Illinois, where I coached a senior team of swimmers. I am married to a fellow swimmer, Rick and my daughters, Shelby swam at North Carolina State University and Shea is currently swimming at University of Iowa. My dog Petey is not fond of water.
Mitzi Kremer Tighe
I am a Brevard County native growing up in Titusville. In addition to wokring with the Rockets, I coach the Cocoa Hr/Sr High School team and teach at Apollo Elementary.. I am a 1988 Olympic bronze medalist and had the privilege to represent the USA in other international competitions. I graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Biological Science and was inducted into the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame. I have two sons who prefer to surfing to swimming.
David Matthew Joyce
I am a career swim coach who has been coaching swimming for over 25 years. I am a Wisconsin native who recently relocated to Merritt Island. My wife Amber is a native of Merritt Island and together we are the parents of three young boys: August (5), Denver (4) and Shoal (2). I am excited about the move as it allows my wife to return home and be closer to her family (many of whom still reside on M.I.) and it will give me the chance to spend more time with my boys, coach outdoors and hopefully do a little bit of saltwater fishing.
I am a registered USAS coach and will soon register with AAU as well. I am certified as a level IV by the American Swim Coach Association (ASCA).
Here is a summary of my journey as a swim coach
1993- 1997- PT age group coach at multiple WI teams
1998- 1999- FT coach for Mad-Town Aquatics in Madison WI
1999- 2000- Head Coach at Cedar Falls Swim Club in Cedar Falls, Iowa
2000- 2004 Head Senior Coach at Lake Country Swim Team in Hartland, WI (first stint)
2004- 2013 Head Coach at the YMCA at Pabst Farms in Oconomowoc, WI
2008- 2013 PT coach at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
2013-2015 FT Sprint Coach and Recruiting Coordinator at UW-Milwaukee
2015-2018 Head Senior Coach at Lake Country Swim Team in Hartland, WI (second stint)
Some specific accomplishments include:
· I have experience coaching swimmers from as young as 5 years old to as old as 80+. I love working with all ages and abilities. I get excited about helping people improve their skills and performance, regardless of what level they are at.
· Every team I have coached has experienced marked improvement and championship results. My teams have won Wisconsin Swimming Senior Team Championships, Speedo Sectional Team Championships, and Horizon League Championships (NCAA D1).
· My swimmers have tallied over 100 Lake Country Swim Team Records, over 60 Wisconsin Swimming State records and countless Horizon League records.
· I have coached over 75 YMCA Nationals qualifiers, over 50 Junior National qualifiers, over 25 USA Nationals qualifiers and eleven Olympic Trials qualifiers.
· I have coached many triathletes, including Ironman Triathlon competitors & Kona qualifiers.
· I have developed swimmers who qualified for and participated in the USA Olympic Team Trials in 2000, 2004, 2008 & 2012 & 2016.
· Swimmers who I coached through their high school years have gone on to swim collegiately at: Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Fresno State, Minnesota, Penn State, Missouri, Arizona, Auburn, Alabama, Florida State, Illinois, UNLV and Air Force Academy (among many other D1, D2 & D3 programs).
· While at UWM, coach Joyce helped develop the highest placing swimmer from a non-football, Mid-major University at the 2014 NCAA Division 1 Championship (Emily McClellan- 2nd in 100 Yard Breaststroke).
· I have a great deal of experience as a technique oriented coach and love to use video to help swimmers analyze and develop their stroke mechanics.
· Nominated multiple times for Wisconsin Swimming Senior Coach of the Year.
COACH JOYCE IN THE NEWS-
INTERESTED in Masters Swimming with Coach Joyce at ROCOA? Please email Coach Joyce (firstname.lastname@example.org). ROCOA already has pool space reserved for Masters swimmers, but I want to work on getting the group consolidated since it’s more fun to swim with a larger group than it is to swim on your own or in a small group. Please visit the ROCOA website to take a look at what times and locations are currently available for Masters swimmers (and triathletes).
Coach Joyce is also available for private instruction. Prices are negotiable depending on time, location, frequency and whether video stroke analysis technology is used. Coach Joyce’s Florida home is undergoing initial renovations which include plans for an Endless Pool, but for the time being private instruction is only available utilizing publicly available lane space or at a client’s home or community pool.