Derek Theiss – swam competitively throughout his high school career for Space City Aquatics team near Houston, TX. After high school graduation, he became the Head Summer League Coach for the North Channel Space Cowboys. After a brief stint at Texas State University, in which he was a starting water polo player for the university’s club polo team, he moved back to Houston to coach for North Channel Aquatics.
Derek's main focus for each practice is to maintain a fun learning environment helping each swimmer take the right steps at the right time towards competitive swimming. Another goal of his is to teach kids how to transfer the good things they learn in swimming into their daily lives.
- Space Cowboys Head Summer League Coach 2007-2008
- North Channel Nadadores Head Summer League Coach 2009-2012
- North Channel Age Group Coach 2009-2013
- USA Coach Certified
Eddie Edward Adams
Coach Eddie has 40 years of coaching experience in Gulf Swimming
and is currently on the Board of Directors for Gulf Swimming.
He Coaches part time at Lehmann Aquatic Center and is involved with
Fitter Faster Clinics. His full time occupation is as a
chicken farmer West of Nacogdoches.
Erik N Cozadd
Erik Cozadd (Ambush Coach & Team
Administrator) - Has been the Aquatics Director for both
Lufkin & Nacogdoches pools since May 2007. His swimming
background began as a freshman with the NHS swim team. In the fall
of 1998 Erik began his collegiate three year swimming career as a
fighting Cardinal at Wheeling Jesuit University, West Virginia.
Erik earned his Bachelors in Psychology & Spanish in December
Erik's main duties with Ambush involve administrative work, but
he also helps coach when needed. Now resides in his hometown
of Nacogdoches with his daughter Ava.
- East Texas Swim Team/Ambush Coach 2007-2019
- Team Ambush Coach & Administrator 2012-2019
- Gulf Masters Swimming board member since 2009
- USA Swimming Meet Director Certified, CPO, LGI, ASCA Level I
- USA Swimming Coach Certified & Registered USA Swimmer
- Texas 5A State Qualifier 1997 & 1998 50 Freestyle
- Awarded Swimming Scholarship to Wheeling Jesuit University
- Bluegrass Mountain Conference Medalist 1999, 2000, & 2001
- Junior National Qualifier, ETEX 1998
- United States Masters Swimming member since 2007
- USMS Nationals 2008, 2009, 2015, 2017