Our coaching staff feels that communication is essential; therefore, if you have any questions, related to workouts, meets, events, goal setting, and other swimming related needs, please contact one of the coaches, preferably your child’s coach.
For all questions related to the administrative functions of the team, such as dues, safety, or policy issues, please contact our team Registrar, Sean Muncie or Team Adminstrtor Amy Ingalls (contact info below under Board Members Section) or click here for more information.
Assistant Age Group Coach
Silver Group Coach
Ripples, Wave Riders and Bronze Group
EWU Head Coach
EWU Site Coach Rip, Br, Si
Garth James Babcock
EWU Site Coach Gold, HS, Senior
EWU Assistant Coach
EWU Assistant Coach
Kathryn is a Spokane native who began swimming with Spokane Area Swimming at the age of 7. She then swam for Spokane Waves and represented Inland Empire Swimming on two Zone teams before moving to Missoula, Montana, for high school. In Missoula she swam for Missoula Aquatic Club and Hellgate High School. As team captain she led the Hellgate High School girls team to a 3rd place finish at state in 1999. She earned a scholarship to swim at Rutgers University where she earned a B.A. in History and Journalism and an M.Ed.. She returned to Spokane and teaches AP U.S. history and newspaper journalism at Central Valley High School. Kathryn and her husband have two children who she hopes will love swimming as much as she does – though they are a little young to join the team at this point! She looks forward to returning to coaching and sharing her love of the sport with a new generation of swimmers.
- 15 years of competitive swimming
- Inland Empire Zone Team member (1995, 1996)
- Montana high school state champion (1997, 1998, 1999) and high school state record holder, 200 free and 500 free
- Montana Swimming state records in almost all freestyle events
- Junior National competitor in mid-distance and distance freestyle events (1997, 1998, 1999)
- varsity letter earner for Rutgers University women’s swim team which finished in the top 3 at Big East Conference each year, team captain senior year
- member of school record setting 800 freestyle relay at Rutgers
- head coach of Spokane Parks and Recreation summer swim team (2001-2004)
- graduate assistant coach for Rutgers University men’s and women’s swim team (2003-2004)
- head coach of Cheney High School girls and boys teams (2004-2008)
- assistant coach for Spokane Area Swimming (2008-2012)
Registrations/Team Admin Asst.
|Board of Directors|