Michael D Chapman
After growing up in San Antonio, TX, Coach Chapman has been coaching in the Evansville area for more than a decade. He was head coach at Bosse High School for 11 years, with Great Swimming for 4 years as an assistant and 4 years as head age group coach with NSC swimming for 3 years. During that time, Mike coached an Olympic Gold Medalist, had 5 invidual state championships, and numerous state qualifiers. Coach Chapman teaches at Boonville High School. He and his wife Darla have 3 kids; Max, Tyler, and Landrie.
Robert E Lee High School, San Antonio, TX
University of Evansville, Bachelors in Special education
Oakland City University, Masters in School Administration
- High school head coach
- 12 seasons Bosse High School in Evansville, IN
- Coached over 40 city champions, 20 All SIAC swimmers, 4 SIAC champions, an Evansville City Record relay team, and 4 Academic All Americans.
- High school girls’ Sectional Coach of the Year (2004)
- Age group swimming
- 8 seasons with GREAT in Evansville, IN (4 as head coach)
- 3 years with NSC in Newburgh, IN as head age group coach
- Coached numerous state qualifiers, 6 individual state championships, and a junior national, national, and Olympic Trials qualifier.
- Was placed on the USA Swimming Junior National Coach List in 2013.
- 2014 Indiana Age Group Coach of the Year
- 2 top 3 team score finished at Age Group State
- 12 + years involvement in Special Olympics Swimming
- Coached Team Indiana at the National Special Olympics Games (2005)
Why do you love to coach?
I love that swimming teaches lessons about goal setting, hard work, determination, success and disappointment that can be applied throughout a swimmers’ life. I enjoy watching swimmers grow and develop into young adults.
“ If you can’t change the situations, change your attitude.”