Coach Rob Emary is the Head Coach for Barrington Swim Club. Before coming to us in 2011 Coach Rob was the Head Coach and Owner of Broward Aquatic. He came to BA in August of 2000 after spending 10 Years coaching in Libertyville, Illinois. Rob is a 1990 Graduate of Wheaton College in Illinois and attended Graduate School at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Il. Rob has also done Academic work in Physical Education at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago.
Rob started swimming on his High School team on a dare in 1983, he has been swimming ever since. In High School Rob was a multi time Conference Champion and All-State swimmer as well as Breaking Several School Records, 3 of which still stand today. In USA swimming Coach Rob swam to several Wyoming State records in the 200Fly and Distance Freestyles. Today he limits his swimming to US Masters where his is Nationally ranked in the 200Fly, 200Back and 400IM.
As a Coach Rob is 100% commited to helping every swimmer on the team achieve their dream in swimming. Whether that is just getting better strokes and having fun or training to be on the podium at the Olympic Games. He is one of the few coaches that know the name and times of every swimmer on the team no matter what level they swim at. Coach Rob makes sure every BSC Teammate feels welcome to our Barrington swimming Family.
Coach Rob is married to Kim and both his children Maggie and Dan are BSC Teammates
Some of Coach Rob’s Accomplishment
- 2008 Masters National Champion 3,000 yd swim
· 2004-2008 Florida Gold Coast Technical Planning Committee Member
· 2006 Florida Gold Coast All-Star Coaching Staff
· Speaker at the 2001 and 2003 ASCA World Clinic
· Assistant Coach USA Swimming Zone Distance Camp 2002, 2003
· Head Coach Jamaican National Distance Camp 2004-2008
· Published ASCA Newsletter November 2001
· Illinois Swimming Inc. Senior Coach of the year nominee 1995-2000
· College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin MVP 1990
· Illinois Swimming Association Collegiate Swimmer of the Year 1990
· Three Time Phillips 66 National Championship Qualifier 1989-1990
· 17 Time NCAA Division III All-American 1987-1990
· NCAA Division III National Champion 200 Fly 1988
· Wheaton College Record Holder 200Fly, 1000Free, 800 Free Relay
· Illinois Swimming Association College Division Record Holder 200Fly
· 2005 Wheaton College Hall of Honor Inductee
Coach Casey joined the Barrington Swim Club coaching staff back in
1995. He began swimming for BSC as an age-group swimmer, then the
BHS Boys swim team, and for a short time while attending Iowa State
Coach Casey is a teacher in the Crystal Lake school district. He
has taught fifth grade, second grade, and is currently an ELL
teacher. He lives in the Crystal Lake area with his wife, four
children, dog, and two cats.
John R Valentine
John Valentine began his swimming career as an age group athlete with the Palatine Park District and Buehler YMCA. He was a varsity swimmer and water player at Fremd High School before competing in college at Eastern Illinois University. After college, John coached for BSC with Lee McLoud in the 1980s. After a successful career in corporate and commercial real estate, John now coaches swimming for Barrington High School, Barrington Swim Club, and the Barrington Area Masters team.
Coach Karin has been a fixture at BSC for the past 12 years. She has been a full time substitute teacher in Barrington District 220 for the past 11 years. Karin is a Graduate of Western Illinois University with a degree in Early Childhood Education. Coach Karin grew up swimming in the Chicagoland area. As an age group swimmer she began swimming at 11 years old at the Park Ridge Swim Club swimming mostly fly and free. In high school, at Maine South High School, Coach Karin was a top 10 swimmer in the 100Fly with the team winning the State Championship all 4 years. Karin also swam in college for 1 year at Western.
Coach Karin has been married for the past 31 years and her two children Kelly 22 and Dan 18 both were BSC swimmers and both swam for BHS as well.