Broadview Hts - Assistant Senior Coach
Mary Ann Krusinski
Broadview Hts - Age Group
Broadview Hts - Developmental/Primary
Jeanne DeBonis has been a competitive athlete ever since she won the 50-yard dash in elementary school, defeating all the boys. She has excelled in swimming, running and triathlon. A completely self-coached athlete, she has gained a wealth of knowledge about physical and mental performance that she is eager to pass on.
In high school, Jeanne earned eight varsity letters - in swimming and track - served as captain of the track team, and, as a senior, was honored with the school’s scholar-athlete award. In 2004, she was inducted into the Orville H. Platt High School Hall of Fame (Meriden, CT). Majoring in aeronautical engineering, Jeanne attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, where she competed on the varsity swim team and earned NCAA Division III All-American Honors in the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke events. After college, her focus turned to distance running. Her 10-year competitive running career culminated in qualifying for the 2000 U.S. Women’s Olympic Marathon Trials. Other running highlights include winning the 2000 Quad Cities Marathon and earning the First Ohioan Prize (female) at both the Cleveland and Columbus Marathons. After 2000, in search of a new challenge, Jeanne returned to the pool and bought a bike to take on the sport of triathlon. Specializing in long distance, she qualified four times for the Ironman World Championship in Kailua-Kona, HI. In 2011, she also became the 45-49 age-group Half-Ironman World Champion. Jeanne holds three Ironman age-group course records (Lake Placid, Louisville, St. George) and was named USA Triathlon Master’s Triathlete of the Year, honorable mention, in 2011.
Jeanne returned to her first love, swimming, in 2016 and now competes mostly with herself as an open-water marathon swimmer. She finished second female master in the 2017 12.5-mile Swim Around Key West (FL), and has completed a 10.5-mile swim in Seneca Lake, NY, and a 9-mile ocean swim in Ocean City, MD. A passionate student of swimming, Jeanne also became a USA Swimming coach in 2016. She enjoys spending most of her time in and near water as a certified Lifeguard at the Brecksville Community Center where she teaches learn-to-swim classes and competitive swim clinics.
Fairview - Platinum & Gold
- NEON Swim Team Head Coach & Owner from 2007 - 2017 (Independently owned and operated, producing numerous Junior National, Sectional, State and Zones swimmers)
- Former elite swimmer for LESD, St Edwards and Cleveland State University
- Head coach of North Olmsted from 2002-2010
- Head Coach of St Edwards High school from 2010 - present
- Similar to the Krusinski-Collis relationship, the Collis-Dennis connection dates back to 1996, when Eric swam for John’s former USA Team (Team Viking) as well as St. Edward’s High School, again under John.
- Eric lives in Fairview and serves as the Director of Aquatics for the City of Fairview. He has been happily married for 13 years, with 3 kids and 3 dogs
Kara Lynn Dennis
Fairview - Age Group
Matthew Stephen Laughlin
Cuyahoga Heights Location
- 4 year varsity swimmer and team captain of Centerville High School swim team.
-13 year swimmer for USA Swimming’s WTRC Sharks .
- Graduate of Baldwin Wallace College, with a major in Sports Management.
- Four year varsity swimmer, Team Captain, Receiving three 2nd team All OAC Honors.
- NEON Coach from 2009 - 2017, focusing on 10-14 year old age group, producing several Zone and Sectional Qualifiers and finalists.
- Former Head Coach of Olmsted Falls.
- Head Coach of Cuyahoga Heights High school from 2014 - current