Swim Team Director and Head Coach
Brad is a graduate of East Carolina University, where he swam all 4 years and was voted Team Captain his senior year in 1993, winning prestigous work ethic awards like the Ironman, Most Improved, and Varisity Record Holder in 2 Pirate relays. Through more than 20 years of successful coaching experience, he has demonstrated a superior ability to coach, motivate, and positively impact young people through the sport of swimming.
- Career Coaching
- Guiding the the GCY
Makos several team championships/accomplishments
- 1 USRY Regional Championship, 2014
- 4 GYSSA League Championships, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 8 Consecutive Top 10 finishes in NC for total team standings (SCY and LCM), 2014-2017
- Individual Swimmer
- YMCA National Champion, 100 Back
- NC Senior/HS State Champions in the 100 back, 100 back, 1650 freestyle, 200 Freestyle, 50 freestyle, 400 Free, 800 Free, 1500 Free, as well as multiple top 3 (podium) finishes in the 50 free, 100 Free, 200 Free, 500 Free, 200 IM, 100 back, 100 butterfly, 400 Free, 800 Free, 1500 Free, and the 100 breastroke.
- Multiple swimmers in all 4 strokes to individual NC Swimming 14-under State Championships and numerous NC Select Camp Invities, NC IMX Camp Invitees
- Over 20 GCY swimmers have now earned YMCA All-American status under Brad's leadership, well over 30 have finished with National rankings.
- Most recently, swimmers
from GCY's National group have achieved multiple national
level time standards, including:
- 1 US Open Qualifying Time
- 4 Summer Junior National Qualifying Times
- 2 Winter Senior National Qualifying Times
- Multiple Winter Junior National qualifying times
- Multiple USA Futures Qualifiers (past 3 seasons)
- Multiple YMCA National Time Standards
- Guiding the the GCY Makos several team championships/accomplishments including:
Brad has consistently demonstrated his ability to run effective practices at all levels, teaching successfull stroke details to mass audiences (as well as small groups/individuals) in interesting and innovative ways. He has also excelled in mentoring other coaches, has strong management and organizational skills, and posses a true passion for the sport of swimming.
Brad has competed very successfully in various sports including swimming. He completed the 2011 Lousiville Ford Ironman Triathlon, qualified and completed the 2012 Boston Marathon, and he had a top 10 finish at the 2012 US Masters National Championships held in the Spring in Greensboro, NC, and a podium (top 3) finish at the 2015 NC Open Water Champs! While at East Carolina he won Most Improved Swimmer and the Ironman Award, as well as Scholastic All-Conference.
Brad is currently ASCA Level 3 Certified, and will become ASCA Level 4 by end of current season! The team has consistemtly grown from a little over 100 swimmers in the Fall of 2011 to now more than 400 active swimmers in the Fall of 2017!
He welcomes your calls or emails about the program at anytime: