César Herrera López
Head Coach/Operations Director
Head Coach César brings considerable rowing and coaching experience to the MRC Youth Program. He led a Varsity rowers to impressive performances at the US Rowing National Championships.
- Participated on Cuban National Rowing Team in 3 Pan-American Games, 2 Olympic, 2 Central American and Caribbean Games, plus various international competitions.
- Master Degree in Physical Education, Recreation and Sports, Physical Culture Sport Institute, Havana, Cuba
- Eleven years as Rowing Coach in Cuba. Several Pan-American Champions in Men’s Lightweight. Coached at World Championships, World University Games and various international competitions.
- Workshop in Sport and Physical Education (Inter Regional Center for International School in North Caroline University)
- Principals Training Center: Group Dynamics for Leadership (Miami)
- Two years as Director of National Rowing Team in Guatemala, managing the technical development of the team.
- Eleven years as Department Head of Physical Education, including the development of Standards and Benchmarks for grades K-12 and the introduction of the Presidential Fitness Awards.
- Physical Education, Clubs and Athletic Director of K-12 at the American School of Guatemala.
- Educational/Administrative leadership positions in two countries, including Head of Physical Education/sports Committee for accreditation through New England Association of Schools and Colleges.