John W Smithson
* Assistant Coach of Quest Swimming since 2004
* Bachelor Degree in Communications/Athletic Coaching Certificate
* ASCA Level 4 Certified
* Has been coach of multiple Olympic Trials Qualifiers, State Record Holders, and State Champions
* Virginia Swimming Zone Team Long Course Head Coach 2007 (1st place team)
* Assistant Virginia Swimming Zone team coach Short Course 2006,2007
* Head Coach of Team Richmond Aquatic Club 2002-2004
* Assistant Coach/Interim Head Coach Atomic City Aquatic Club 2001-2002
* Swam for Clarion University of Pennsylvania
8 Time Div II Swimming and Diving All-American
1997 Conference Champions
2015 Senior Coach of the Year
Prior Swimming Experience
- USA Swimming – Tritons of Petersburg, Virginia Association of Competitive Swimming, Poseidon Swimming
- Collegiate – 4 year letterman at Old Dominion University
- Virginia Short Course Zones
- Junior National Qualifier
- Finals Qualifier National Independent Championship
- Finals Qualifier Colonial Athletic Association Championship
- Favorite events – 200 Fly, 400 IM, 500 Free, 200 Breastroke
- Summer League - Meadowbrook Country Club, Chester Recreation Association, Ghent Square
- Collegiate – Volunteer assistant Old Dominion University
- USA Swimming - Quest
- Bachelors of Science in Mathematics from Old Dominion University
- Married to Denise and have 3 wonderful children; two of whom also swim for Quest
Paul Adams Willard III
Coach Adam Willard is beginning his second year with Quest as a swim lesson instructor and Coach.
Coaching and Swim lesson Experience
- Teaching lessons for all levels for over 14 years.
- Worked as an age group coach for the Virginia Gators 2012-2015.
- Extensive background in whitewater boating and rescue.
- Worked for and also been the river manager for the Boy Scouts of America’s rafting program in West Virginia.
Coach Adam is driven to help swimmers of all levels become proficient in all stokes as well as encouraging swimmers to dream bigger, and to be their best everyday.