Short Course Champs II hosted by CFSC, DADS, KATY, NOCH, PACK, TWST
What: Short Course Champs II
When: February 22-24th, 2019
Where: This meet has six host sites: CFSC (Cypress), DADS (Houston), KATY (Katy), NOCH (Houston), PACK (Spring) and TWST (Conroe). Once all entries have been received, the TPC will assign RICE to a meet site.
Meet Format: This is a five session, 2 1/2 day timed finals meet with a PM session on Friday and AM/PM sessions on Saturday and Sunday.
Eligibility: 13-14 yr olds must have two or less USA Swimming "A" time standards to enter this meet and may then enter any events offered. Swimmers aged 9-12 may enter any events. NT or no times will be accepted at this meet.
To commit to
this event, please follow these steps:
1. Log into the site.
2. Click "attend this event."
3. Choose your swimmer(s)'s name(s).
4. Choose "Yes, they will attend" from the drop-down menu.
5. When choosing events, coaches will have the final input on what each swimmer will swim. Once a coach approves events, you will see a red check mark next to approved events.
Deadline to Commit: Thursday, Jan. 31st 2019
Meet Sessions: Session #1 Friday PM for swimmers 9-14. Warm-ups begin at 5pm and meet starts at 6:30pm
Session #2: Saturday AM for girls 11-14 and boys 13-14. Warm-ups begin at 7:30pm and meet starts at 9am.
Session #3: Saturday PM for girls 9-10 and boys 9-12. Warm-ups will begin after AM session and meet will start 1 hour after that time.
Session #4: Sunday AM for girls 11-14 and boys 13-14. Warm-ups will begin at 7:30am and meet starts at 9am.
Session #5: Sunday PM for girls 9-10 and boys 9-12. Warm-ups will begin after AM session and meet will start 1 hour after that time.
Table will be created once host site has been assigned.
Meet Procedures & Format:
- Meet will be pre-seeded with the exception of the 400 IM, and 500 and 1000 FR. Circle in for those events will be :45 min prior to the start of the meet session.
- Swimmers may compete in up to four (4) events per day but no more than seven (7) events total for the meet.
- Time trials will be offered if time allowed after the Saturday and Sunday PM sessions. All entries will be due :90 minutes prior to the end of the PM sessions. Entries in time trials are payable on site. Swimmers may enter no more than two (2) time trial events per day but may still have no more than five (5) total individual events for that day. Swimmers must discuss time trial entries with their coach.
- Links to documents: Will be posted as they are received.
- Speak with your coach before leaving any session of the meet.
- Bring plenty of healthy snacks & fluids to stay hydrated
- Coaches contact for emergencies only (i.e.: cannot make it on time for warm-up) TBA