Southeast District Championship
Feb 15, 2019 - Feb 17, 2019
February, 2 2019
2019 Southeast District Championship
Location: Brittingham-Midtown Aquatics Center, 570 McLawhorne Dr, Newport News, VA. 23601
Phone: (757) 591-4573
THIS IS A 757SWIM CHAMPIONSHIP MEET
• Athletes 9 to 12 years of age may compete in any individual event or relay leg in which they DO NOT have a VSI SC Age Group Championship qualifying time.
• 8 & Younger swimmers may participate in any event regardless of classification.
• 10 and 12 year-old swimmers aging up from February 15, 2019 to March 7, 2019 with times too fast to qualify for this championship will be allowed to compete under the following conditions:
1) 10 or 12 year old swimmers who do not qualify in an event in their new age group at Age Group Championships may enter the event in this meet.
2) 10 or 12 year old swimmers aging up between championships will be seeded correctly by time; however, will swim Exhibition only and will not be eligible to receive an award or compete in the finals session.
•Age on February 15, 2019 will determine age for the entire meet.
• 11-12 year old swimmers will swim prelim/finals in all individual events except the 400 IM and the 500 Free which will be contested as timed finals in the Friday evening session. On Saturday and Sunday, the top 16 swimmers from the 11-12 prelims will come back to compete in finals, except for the 200 Fly, 200 Back, 200 Breast where only the top 8 swimmers will compete in finals.
• 9-10 year old swimmers will swim prelims/finals in all individual events except the 500 Free and 200 IM which will be contested as timed finals in the Friday evening session. On Saturday and Sunday, the top eight (8) 9-10 year old swimmers will come back to compete in finals.
• 8 & under swimmers will compete in the Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday preliminary session as timed finals. 8 and under swimmers are not eligible for final events.
• Ready Room: A Ready Room will be used at this Championship prior to each “A” final heat. Each Swimmer in the “A” Final (Final heat) should report to the Ready Room 10 minutes preceding the event and participate in the “A” Final parade.
• “A” Final swimmers will be presented with music and their names will be announced prior to the start of the race.
• All relays will be swum as timed finals. Relays on Saturday and Sunday will be swum during the preliminary sessions.
• Friday distance session: General warm-up starts at 4:00 pm; competition starts at 5:00 pm
• 11-12 AM Preliminary Sessions: Warm-ups start at 7:30 am; competition starts at 8:40 am
• 10 & Under Sat. & Sun. Sessions: Warm-ups start not before 11:30 am; competition starts not before 12:30 pm
• 9 to 12 year old PM Finals Session: Warm-ups start not before 5:00 pm; competition starts not before 5:45 pm.
Individual Events: $7.50
Relay Events: $15.00
Swimmer Fee: $2.50 per person (entered in the meet in any capacity)
ENTRY DEADLINE IS SATURDAY 2/2