SW District 9-12 Champs
The SW District 9-12 champs swim meet is available for sign ups and is open to 9-12 swimmers only. The meet will be held February 15-17, 2018 at the Christiansburg Aquatic Center, 595 Mill Lane, Christiansburg, VA 24073. The deadline for signups is midnight, Sunday, February 3, 2018.
This is a three-day prelims/finals meet, as follows:
- Swimmers will swim a preliminary session in the morning session.
- Top 16 swimmers in the 11-12 age group and the top 8 swimmers in the 9-10 age group will swim the final session each day.
- Top 8 swimmers in the 11-12 age group will compete in the 200 fly, 200 back, and 200 breast finals.
- The 400 IM and 500 free will be swum as timed finals.
- Finals will be swum with the consolation heat competing first, followed by the final t for events with top 16 swimmers.
- All relay events will be timed finals and will be conducted during the preliminary session.
Warm ups for prelim sessions will begin no earlier than 4:30pm on Friday with competition starting at 5:30pm. On Saturday and Sunday, warm ups will begin no earlier than 7:30am each day with competition starting at 8:30am. Warm ups for finals sessions on Saturday and Sunday will begin no earlier than 4:00pm, with competition starting no earlier than 5:00pm.
Swimmers may enter a maximum of 3 individual events per day, for a total of 8 individual events over the course of the meet.
Swimmers in the 9-12 age group may compete in any individual event or relay leg in which they have a time that is slower than the Age Group Championship qualifying time.
This meet is included in your swim dues.
Note: for those swimmers competing at Age Groups, only one championship meet is included with your dues. Please contact Ann Wood or Tara Hines to discuss.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. Heat sheets will be available for purchase throughout the meet. Concessions will be available at the facility. No red drinks in the basketball gym. Parking is available for free in all lots surrounding the Jamerson YMCA.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “SW District 9-12 Champs” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign
up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer may not have a time if your swimmer has not entered that event before.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. NOTE: Your swimmer may enter UP TO 3 events per day/session with a total of NO MORE than 8 events. Your swimmer can swim in FEWER than 3 events per day/session, but they cannot swim in MORE THAN 3 events per day/session. The total number of individual events for the entire meet is limited to 8 per swimmer. When you click the check box, the entry time will highlight.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks,
will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.