2019 PVS Short Course Senior Championships
This swim meet is open to all DC Wave registered swimmers for the 2018-2019 season who have met the qualifying standards. Swimmers will compete as the age they are on March 7, 2019.
Eppley Recreation Center
College Park, MD
- Thursday (Timed Finals)
- 4:30 PM Warm-ups
- 5:40 PM Session Starts
- 6:30 AM Warm-ups
- 8:30 AM Session Starts
- 4:00 PM Warm-ups
- 5:30 PM Session Starts
- For a list of events offered, and the order the meet will be swum in, please refer to the Meet Announcement below.
- This meet has qualifying times:
- The 1000 and 1650 Freestyle events and the
400 and 800 relay events are positive check-in events. Athletes and
relay teams must check in by the check-in deadline in order to be
seeded into the event. Athletes and relay teams not checked-in will
not be seeded into the event.
- In all preliminary events or in any timed final event for which the swimmer has been positively checked in, after the heats have been seeded, any swimmer who fails to compete in an individual event heat in which such swimmer entered and has not been scratched in accordance with deadlines [listed in the meet announcement] will be barred from all further individual and relay events of that day. Additionally, that swimmer shall not be seeded in any individual events on succeeding days unless that swimmer declares an intent to swim prior to the close of the scratch box for that day's events.
- For the Check-in/Scratch deadlines, see the meet announcement.
- Heat sheets may not be availble prior to the meet as they will be selling programs. The meet will be made available on Meet Mobile.
- Prelims and Finals:
- All individual events are prelims and finals except for the 1,000 and 1,650 Freestyle events which are timed finals.
Championship Scratch Rules (207.11.6)
- If you do not want to swim in the Final, you
must "scratch" from the event by following this
- You must fill out and sign a PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers for "A", "B", and "C" finals, if scheduled.
- You may declare intent to "scratch". You must fill out and sign a PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers, marking the appropriate space for "intent". If you declare an "intent to scratch" and do not wish to swim finals, you must confirm your scratch on the PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes after the conclusion of your last preliminary event of the day or you will be automatically seeded into the event.
- If an athlete fails to properly scratch from an event and does not appear for the "Final" event, they shall be barred from further competition of the remainer of the meet.
- If you do not want to swim in the Final, you must "scratch" from the event by following this procedure: