2019 Eastern Zone Southern Region Sectional Meet
This swim meet is open to all DC Wave registered swimmers for the 2018-2019 season who have met the qualifying standards. Swimmers will compete as the age they are on March 28, 2019.
595 North Franklin Street
- General Warm-up: 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Distance Warm-up: 3:20 PM to 4:20 PM
- Distance Events Start: 4:30 PM
- Prelim Warm-up: 6:30 AM to 8:50 AM
- Prelims Start: 9:00 AM
- Finals Warm-up: 5:00 PM to 5:50 PM
- Finals Start: 6:00 PM
- For a list of events offered, and the order the meet will be swum in, please refer to the Meet Announcement below.
- This meet has qualifying times:
- Bonus Events: Swimmers making one
(1) qualifying time will be permitted to enter one bonus event.
Swimmers making two (2) qualifying times will be permitted to enter
two (2) bonus events. Swimmers making three (3)
qualifying times will be permitted to enter one (1) bonus
event. Swimmers making four (4) or more qualifying times are not
permitted to enter bonus events.
- Bonus entries are seeded last.
- At least one swimmer participating on each relay team must also be entered and compete in at least one, non-bonus, individual event.
- The Eastern Zone Policy for No Shows in Sunday's finals will be observed. Any swimmer initally announced in the top 24 (or 31, if A, B, C and D finals) who does not show up to compete (without properly scratching) will be subjected to a $50 fine.
- National Championship Scratch
- If you do not want to swim in the
Final, you must "scratch" from the event by following this
- You must fill out and sign a PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers for "A", "B", and "C" finals, if scheduled.
- You may declare intent to "scratch". You must fill out and sign a PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers, marking the appropriate space for "intent". If you declare an "intent to scratch" and do not wish to swim finals, you must confirm your scratch on the PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes after the conclusion of your last preliminary event of the day or you will be automatically seeded into the event.
- If an athlete fails to properly scratch from an event and does not appear for the "Final" event, they shall be barred from further competition of the remainer of the meet.
- If you do not want to swim in the Final, you must "scratch" from the event by following this procedure: