Eastern Zone SC Championships
- Webster, NY
Swimmers with qualifying cut times.
- 11 & Over Timed Finals Distance and Relay session - Warm-up 4:00 PM Start 5:00 PM
- 11 & Over Prelims: Warm-up 7:30 AM Start 9:00 AM
- 10 & Under Timed Finals: Thursday Warm-up 12:30 PM Start 1:30 PM Friday Warm-up 12:15 PM Start 1:20 PM Saturday Warm-up 1:15 PM Start 2:15 PM
- Warm-up 4:00 PM Start 5:00 PM
- Individual Events: $9/entry/event
- Swimmer Surcharge: $5/swimmer
Cost for trip will include travel, meals, and rooming. This will be out at a later date.
ENTRY LIMITS & BONUS ENTRY FORMULA:
Each swimmer may be entered in a maximum of six (6) individual events in the meet and not more than three (3) individual events per day.
- In the 10 & Under and 11 – 12 age groups, swimmers are allowed to enter one bonus event for each event entered with a qualifying time, up to the maximum of 6 individual events. Bonus event entries must comply with the bonus entry time formula of 1 second per 50 (i.e. bonus event entry for a 50 yard event must be within 1 second of the qualifying standard, bonus event entry in a 200 yard event must be within 4 seconds of the qualifying standard, etc). There are no qualifying time standard for relays for this meet. Relays must be made up of swimmers entered in the meet in individual events. Clubs are allowed to enter no more than 2 relays per relay event. The swimmer’s age on March 29, 2018 shall be their age for the entire meet.
TECH SUIT BAN:
Please be aware the Niagara tech suit ban will be in effect. Per Niagara LSC Policy, no Technical Suit may be worn by any 12 & Under USA Swimming athlete member in competition at any Sanctioned, Approved or Observed meet. Exceptions to the foregoing restriction are only for Junior Nationals, US Open, National Championships, and Olympic Trials.
A Technical Suit is one that has the following components:
- Any suit with any bonded or taped seams regardless of its fabric or silhouette; or
- Any suit with woven fabric extending past the hips.
- (Note: WOVEN FABRIC-A suit with woven fabric and sewn seams that does not extend below the hips is permitted.)
- (Note: KNIT FABRIC-A suit with knit fabric and sewn seams not extending below the knees is permitted.)