2019 EASTERN ZONE SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Apr 3, 2019 (04:00 PM) - Apr 6, 2019 (04:00 PM)
March, 20 2019
- SPONSOR/HOST: USA Swimming, Inc., Fairport Swimming, Inc. & Webster Swim Association, Inc.
- SANCTION: Niagara Swimming, Inc. Sanction #NI-1819-058
- LOCATION: Webster Aquatic Center Webster-Schroeder High School 875 Ridge Road (Rt. 404), Webster, New York 14580
- FACILITIES: The Webster Aquatic Center will be configured with one twenty-five (25) yard, ten-lane (10) indoor course, with continuous flow-through gutters, and non-turbulent lane dividers for this competition. Colorado Electronic Timing System, OMEGA touch pads, horn start and 10-lane scoreboard readout will be used. One 25-yard, six lane pool for continuous warm-up and warm-down will be adjacent to the competition course. The competition course has been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C(4) of the USA Swimming Rules and Regulations. A copy of this certification is on file with USA Swimming. Water depth spanning 1-5 meters away from both the start and turn ends of the competition course ranges from 6’8” to 7’6”. Two 8-lane courses may be used for preliminary and distance at the discretion of the Meet Management depending on the volume of entries. Meet Management an
- INDIVIDUAL EVENTS: All 11 & over events are Prelims and Finals (except for the 1000 & 1650 freestyle events & the 11-12 500 Free which are timed finals). All 11 & Over Prelim/Final events will have one heat of ten finalists in the evening session. All timed final distance freestyle heats will be swum fastest to slowest. Both the 11-12 500 Free and 1650 Free events will be swum in session 1. The top seeded swimmers in the 13-14 & 15-18 Men’s and Women’s 1000 free will swim in the finals session. All 10 & Under events are Timed Final Events and will be swum in the afternoon session.