2019 FISH LC Derby
This swim meet is open to all DC Wave registered swimmers for the 2018-2019 season. Swimmers must be in good financial standing with the DC Wave booster club. Swimmers will compete as the age they are on May 4, 2019.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEET IS A LONG COURSE (50m) SWIM MEET***
Aquatic & Fitness Center
4400 University Blvd.
12 & Unders (Saturday &
- 6:30 AM Warm-ups
- 7:15 AM Positive Check-in Closes
- 8:00 AM Session Starts
Saturday Distance Session (All
- 12:00 PM Warm-ups
- 12:30 PM Positive Check-in Closes
- 12:45 PM Session Starts
13 & Overs
- 2:15 PM Warm-ups
- 3:00 PM Positive Check-in Closes
- 3:45 PM Session Starts
- 12:00 PM Warm-ups
- 12:45 PM Positive Check-in Closes
- 1:30 PM Session Starts
- For a list of events offered, and the order the meet will be swum in, please refer to the Meet Announcement below.
- There will be no deck entries for this meet.
- Derby Names: In the spirit of the Kentucky Derby, every swimmer is REQUIRED to choose a "horse name" (and 2 alternate selections in case of duplicates). "Horse names" are limited to 16 characters including spaces. Each athlete's "Horse Name" will be used on the digital scoreboard and by the meet announcer; all official final results will be recorded with the swimmers official name and USAS # at the conclusion of the meet.
To submit Derby names, please email
Coach Mary (email@example.com) using the following
- Subject: FISH Derby Names
Within the Body of the
- Swimmer's Name
- Choice #1
- Choice #2
- Choice #2
- If you are submitting for 2 swimmers, please use the same format for both.
- Emails will be responded to within 24 hrs. with the exception of the weekend. Emails that are recieved after 5:00 PM on Friday through the weekend will be responded to on Monday. If you do not hear a response to an email you sent, please send it again and make sure to cc both your child's primary Coach and Coach Green (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST HAVE "HORSE NAMES" IN ORDER TO BE ENTERED INTO THE MEET. NO HORSE NAME = ENTRIES ARE NOT SUBMITTED.
- Derby Caps: Entered athletes will recieve a custom LC Derby cap in their team's color. Each participating team will be assigned a specific cap color, different from all other teams. It is the expetation of Meet Management that each team will wear their custom colored LC Derby caps during their races.
- NT's will not be accepted.
All 200m events are limited to those
- a recorded USA Swimming time in the 200m or 200y of the same event
- a provable BB time for their age group in the 100m or 100y of the same event
- 400m FR is limited to those swimmers who have a provable BB time for their age group in either the 400m/500y FR of the 200m/200y FR.
- 800m FR is limited to those swimmers who have a provable BB time for their age group in either the 800m/1,000y FR of the 400m/500y FR.
- All events 400m and longer will require positive check-in. 200m events may require positive check-in and will be determined by the number of athletes.
- Athletes not checked-in prior to the specified time will be scratched from that session without penalty. Athletes checked-in for, have been seeded in and fail to swim an event, will be barred from their next scheduled individual evenet unless excused by the Meet Referee.
- Because meet programs will be available with name keys for swimmers and "horse names" for purchase, heat sheets may not be made prior to the meet.
- No food or drink will be permitted on deck. Only gatorade and water will be allowed.
- Chairs will not be allowed on deck.