2019 Swimming Futures Championship
Location: GREENSBORO AQUATIC CENTER
1921 WEST LEE STREET
GREENSBORO, NC 27403
PARKING: All session and daily parking passes will be sold for Greensboro Coliseum and Aquatic Center lots. They will be available for sale at registration on the first day and at the parking booth upon entry daily. The GAC has in and out return privileges by presenting your valid parking pass on re-entry.
ELIGIBILITY :These championships are open to swimmers who are members of USA Swimming, and who have achieved the published time standard in one or more events, however any swimmer who has achieved one or more qualifying standards for the 2019 Phillips 66 National Championships before Monday, June 3, 2019 may not compete in the Futures Championships. Additionally, any swimmer who achieves one or more qualifying standards for the 2019 Phillips 66 National Championships after entering the 2019 Futures Championships will not be eligible to swim those events at the Futures Championships. In such cases, refunds will not be provided.
FORMAT: These championships will be conducted in LCM. The 800m and 1500m freestyle and all relays will be timed final events. All other individual events will be conducted as preliminaries and finals with the fastest 24 swimmers from preliminaries advancing to finals. The order of the final events shall be C, B and A (bonus, consolation and championship). At the Meet Referee’s discretion, preliminary sessions may be conducted in flights. Information on flighting, if any, will be provided at the Technical meeting. A Ready Room will be used to assemble and parade “A” finalists and the fastest seeded heats of 800m and 1500m freestyle swimmers. These swimmers must report to the Ready Room no later than five minutes preceding the “Parade Time” for the event.
- Thursday: Timed Finals begin at 4:00 pm
- Fri-Sun: Prelims: 9:00 am, Finals: 5:00 pm
SEEDING:Events shall be seeded in order of LCM, SCY, non-conforming LCM, non-conforming SCY and then any bonus entries in the same order.
- A swimmer may enter any number of individual events in which the qualifying time standard has been met, however a swimmer may only swim three (3) individual events per day (including time trials), and a total of six (6) events (not including time trials) during the meet. All entry times, including bonus events, must be proven. Bonus events will be permitted for this meet according to the following:
- Any athlete who qualifies for one individual event will be permitted to enter and swim in up to two bonus events;
- Any athlete who qualifies for two individual events will be permitted to enter and swim one additional bonus event;
- Any athlete who qualifies for more than two individual events, will not be permitted to enter bonus events;
- There will be no qualifying standards for bonus events, however, a provable entry time must be included.
- Individual Events $15.00 per event
- Relays $30.00 per event
- Coach/Team Staff Credential $20.00 per person
- Coaches Travel Fee: $30 ( $60 max per swimmer family )
- $5.00 Deck Fee
NEW QUALIFYING SWIMS
Swims achieving the qualifying time standards for the first time from Wednesday, July 24, 2019, through Sunday, July 28, 2019, may be entered through OME under the title “2019 Futures: New Qualifying Swims”. These entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm Mountain Time on Monday, July 29, 2019, and cannot be used to improve the seed time of a prior entry. Bonus events for new qualifiers must be entered by override using any proven time from the meet's qualifying period. Normal entry fees apply.