Event

2019 Swim A Thon (Swimmer & Volunteer Sign up)

May 24, 2019 (05:00 PM) - May 24, 2019 (09:00 PM)
May, 20 2019
May 19, 2019
(this is a team hosted event)
Board Members,Bronze,Coaches,Gold,HS Summer Swimmer,Junior 1,Junior 2,Masters EAC,Masters NL,Masters WAC,National,PC-Blue,PC-Green,PC-White,Pre-Senior,Pre-Senior 2,Senior,Silver ([* ALL Locations *])

Description

 O2 Annual Swim A Thon

Swim-A-Thon is a fundraiser in which participants earn money for our swim team by swimming a maximum of 200 lengths of the pool in two hours. Participants get pledges from businesses, family, neighbors, etc. prior to swimming. Some choose to get pledges and money prior to swimming while others get pledges per length and collect the money following the Swim-A-Thon. With over 500 Swim-A-Thons conducted each year nationwide, this program has proven itself over and over again as a successful method of raising funds for a team.   

The exciting benefits of this program are, the Swim-A-Thon is not only an excellent fundraiser, but also an opportunity for our team to combine swimming along with a social event. Additionally, our Swim-A-Thon can boost our team spirit and increase community awareness of our team. 

Letter writing fundraising campaigns are sometimes more successful because people like receiving personalized mail and you are more likely to catch the sponsor in their right moment of having extra discretionary spending money available. Likewise, you can see people face to face if you are more comfortable with that approach.

The traditional USA Swimming Swim-A-Thon Packet will be handed out to families.  Pledge forms and receipts are available if you need them.

Parent information:

Please help your swimmer and/or swimmers set up their page online, and promote, promote, promote!!  Find names & addresses of people and businesses for their contact! Start with mailing addresses of family members, friends, and neighbors. Another good source of donations are people you do business with such as your family doctor, dentist, insurance agent, tax accountant, real estate agent, or lawyer, etc. 

95% of the Swim-A-Thon money stays with the O2 team!!! The other 5% goes to USA Swimming to help support national initiatives. The donations raised from the Swim-A-Thon are tax-deductible contributions as O2 is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.  

Please remember: If you swimmer can’t make that time on the day of the Swim-A-Thon, talk to their coach to arrange a make-up swim on a training day. 

 

  • Note: Masters Swimmers are welcome to participate in the Swim A Thon to benefit the Master’s program
  • Fundraising Leaders and Prize Tracking

Please make sure to set up your swim a thon page on our website when it goes live. This is how you will get credit for all of your donations (online and offline). You will also see the incentive tracking tab that shows all swimmers, the current leaders for the prizes.

  • Parents and Swimmers 

Each swimmer should declare their intent to accept or decline for the event. If you cannot make it on May 24, there will be make up day so that each swimmer can get credit for lengths swam. 

  • Job Sign up 

Each family is responsible for a number of Service Hours (volunteer hours) each swim season to help the team operate and grow. The Swim a Thon is a great opportunity to volunteer either with one of the many volunteer positions or by bringing a food, drink or other product item. Each family can volunteer for multiple positions and or items for the event. The only requirement is that the volunteer position they must be at least 12 years old. Also each food, drink or other product item has been assigned a $$ value that has been converted into hours and / or 15 minute increments (each hour is equal to $10). So make sure to get signed up early before al the opportunities are taken - it is "first come first served" as they say. All food and drink items must be delivered between the times of 5:30 – 6:00 PM on the day of the event.

Please contact the following to assist in the job opportunities:

Prize Coordinator: Aarti Sawkare (aartisw@gmail.com)

Hospitality coordinator: Susheel Bhosle (susheelbhosle@gmail.com)

Timer/Counter Coordinator: Orlandy Taborda (orlandy.taborda@gmail.com)

Event Lead: Coach Nina Lim (Coach.Nina@o2performanceaquatics.com) 

 

 

Forms/Documents:

Photos: