2019 June Invite
Event: 2019 June Invite
Date: Friday, June 21 through Sunday, June 23, 2019
Location: Wellmark YMCA, 501 Grand Ave., Des Moines, IA 50309
Type of Meet: This meet is open to all groups from Developmental to Senior Elite and has no qualifying times. This meet is intended for swimmers not participating in the Pink Meet.
Suits: This is not a Tech suit meet. Black IFLY caps required.
Room Block Info:
Marriott: 700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309. Phone: 800-228-9290 and 515-245-5500. Room Block: IFLY Swim. 2 Queen $114 (does not include breakfast or parking); link for this room type: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1555516623536&key=GRP&app=resvlink. 2 Queen $138 (includes room plus breakfast for 2); link for this room type https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1555516790790&key=GRP&app=resvlink. 2 Queen $149 (includes room plus breakfast for 2 and parking); link for this room type https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1555516852383&key=GRP&app=resvlink. Cut-off Date: May 31, 2019.
Hyatt Place: 418 6th Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309. Phone: 515-282-5555. Room Block: IFLY. 2 Queen $154. 1 King with pull out sofa $144. Reservation link: https://www.hyatt.com/shop/dsmzd?location=Hyatt%20Place%20Des%20Moines%2FDowntown&checkinDate=2019-06-21&checkoutDate=2019-06-23&rooms=1&adults=1&kids=0&corp_id=g-ifls. Cut-off Date: May 31, 2019. Parking: Extra Fee. Breakfast included
Swimmers may enter no more than 4 individual Timed Final events per day for 12&U and no more than 3 Prelim/Final events for 13&O swimmers. All Swimmers are limited to a maximum of 9 events for the entire meet.
1. All events • Meet will be seeded after the SCR deadline. • Initial entry limits on distance events, if timeline allows, meet host may add more full heats: o 800 Free – top 32 seed times of each gender. o 400 IM – top 48 seed times of each gender. o 400 Free – top 48 seed times of each gender.
2. All Timed Final events will swim Fastest to Slowest. Page 5 of 10 Revised 04-12-2019
3. All Prelim/Final events will be swum Slowest to Fastest with the 3 fastest Prelim heats circle seeded, if more than 40 swimmers, then 4 heats will be circle seeded.
4. Results for combined events will be separated by age group and gender for scoring.
5. 13&O Prelim Sessions will be seeded and swim together. The top 16 swimmers in the 13-14 age group will qualify to swim in Finals. Top 24 swimmers in the 15&O age group will swim in Finals with exception of the 400 Free and 400 IM will only be the top 16 in the Finals. 800 Free will be a Timed Finals event with the top 8 seed times swimming in the finals.
6. Swimmers in all Timed Final and Consolation Final events shall report directly to the starting blocks.
7. All A finalists must check in at the ready area at the south end of the pool prior to the start of the B final in the event they are competing. For events without a B final, A finalists must check in prior to being paraded to the starting blocks.
8. Fly over starts and/or chase starts may be used at the discretion of the referee. If chase starts are used, odd heats will start at the south end, even heats will start on the north end (off bulkhead).
9. Effective April 1, 2018, Swimmers ages ten and younger shall not compete while wearing "Tech" suits, even when competing in Senior or Open events or Time Trials. A list of suits that considered to be "Tech" suits is posted on the ISI website.
10. Deck Changes are prohibited