2019 Rock the Blocks
Event: 2019 Rock the Blocks
Date: Friday, June 7 through Sunday, June 9, 2019
Location: Furman Aquatic Center, 1635 13th St, Ames, IA 50010 (515-232-7665.
Type of Meet. Outdoor meet intended for swimmers of all ages from our Developmental to Senior Elites. There are no qualifying times standards for this meet.
Suits: This is not at Tech Suit Meet, Black IFLY caps are required.
Hotel Room Block Info:
Quality Inn & Suites: 2601 East 13th Street, Ames, IA 50010. Phone: 515-232-9260. Room Block: IFLY Swim. 2 Queen $124. Cut-off Date: May 13, 2019. Cancel policy: 24 hours. Breakfast included. Reservation link: https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/nc77b3?source=EMCHGGI&checkInDate=2019-06-07&checkOutDate=2019-06-09&ratePlanCode=BTXSUX
On Friday and Sunday, all swimmers may enter up to 4 events. On Saturday, 10&U swimmers may enter up to 4 events and 11&Over swimmers may enter up to 3 events.
Seet times must be in LCM. No Times (NT) are accepted.
1) All preliminary events in Session 2 (Saturday AM) will be circled seeded slowest to fastest. All other events will swim fastest to slowest.
2) Positive check-in is required for the 400 Free (all age groups) and 11&O 800 Free.
a) Positive check-in deadline will be 30 minutes prior to the start of competition for the session in which the event will be swum. AMES CYCLONE AQUATICS CLUB 5
b) Swimmers failing to check in will be scratched and their spot offered to any late entry alternates. They will be allowed to re-enter only if there are open lanes.
c) If a heat was eliminated after seeding, no heats will be added to accommodate a swimmer failing to check in.
3) The 400 IM and 800 Free on Friday will be limited entry events. The 400 IM will be limited to 48 swimmers (6 heats) and the 800 Free will be limited to 72 swimmers (9 heats). The initial breakdown will be ½ for each gender, but spots may transfer to the other gender to fill the number per event. If the timeline permits, additional spots, and therefore heats, may be added at the discretion of the Meet Referee.
4) It is not the meet hosts responsibility to provide rest for swimmers between events. If a swimmer has less than 10 minutes between swims, the swimmer (or swimmer's coach) should inform the Deck or Meet Referee.
5) If necessary, to reduce session length, preliminary events on Saturday morning of the same gender, stroke, and distance may be swum combined (e.g., events 27, 29, and 31 would be swum as 11&O). They would be separated before seeding for finals. In addition, events on Sunday morning of the same gender, stroke, and distance may be swum combined.
6) The 10&U 400 Free and 11&O 800 Free will swim fastest to slowest, combined girls and boys. Swimmers are requested to provide their own timer for the 11&O 800 Free.
7) The 12&U and 13&O 400 Free will swim fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
8) Saturday Finals: the top 16 11-12, 13-14 and 15&O girls and boys will qualify.
9) Fly-over starts will be used for all Age-Groups during prelims and timed finals. Fly-over starts will not be used during all heats of the Saturday finals session.
10) Deck changes are prohibited