2019 Central Zone Sectionals (Qualifier)
Host Club -
LINK to Host Website
Location - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Meet Schedule -
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday Prelims
- Warm Up TBA
- Start TBA
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday Finals
- Warm Up TBA
- Start TBA
- This meet is a prelim/final meet. 32 athletes will advance to the finals in individual events 400m or less with the “D” final heat reserved for the fastest remaining 18 & Under athletes. The top eight 18 & Under swimmers who do not qualify for the Bonus (“C” final), Consolation (“B” final), or Championship (“A” final) heats will advance to the “D” final. If there are not enough 18 & Under swimmers to fill the “D” final in an event, the heat will be filled with the next fastest 19 & Over swimmers who do not qualify for the Bonus, Consolation, or Championship heats. Each event during finals will consist of a “D” final, Bonus, Consolation, and Championship Final heat except for the 800m and 1500m Freestyles and all relays. These events will be conducted as timed final events. Prelims heats of events will be conducted using flyover starts.
- THURSDAY: The 800 Freestyle will be deck seeded with a positive check-in deadline 15 minutes after the conclusion of the General Meeting on Wednesday night. The fastest heat of women and men will be seeded into the finals; all other heats will be swum during the Thursday prelim session fastest to slowest alternating heats of women/men. Athletes must provide their own lap counter.
- FRIDAY: The 400 Freestyle Relays will be timed final events swum slowest to fastest with the fastest two heats of women and men seeded into finals. All other heats will be swum during the Friday prelim session. Positive check-in is required by 6:30pm Thursday.
- SATURDAY: The 800 Freestyle Relays will be timed final events with the fastest heat of women and men seeded into finals. All other heats will be swum during the Saturday prelim session, fastest to slowest alternating heats of women/men. Positive check-in is required by 6:30pm Friday.
- SUNDAY: The 1500 Freestyle will be deck seeded with a positive check-in by 6:30pm Saturday. The fastest heat of women and men will be seeded into finals. All other heats will be swum after prelims (following the 400 Medley Relays) fastest to slowest alternating heats of women/men. Athletes must provide their own lap counter. The 400 Medley Relays will be timed final events swum slowest to fastest with the fastest two heats of women
Positive Check-In - Positive check-in is required for the 800m and 1500m Freestyle and all relays.
Qualifying - The qualifying period is July 1, 2016 through the entry deadline. Qualifying time standards are included in this packet (see pgs. 5-6). Entry times will be accepted in Long Course Meters, Short Course Meters, or Short Course Yards, and all events will be seeded in that order.
- Individual: Top 8 Awarded (medals), Top 3 places presented via awards ceremony. Places 4-8 distributed to athlete/team.
- Relays: Top 3 Awarded (medals), Top 3 places presented via awards ceremony.
- Team: Top 3 Women’s teams, Top 3 Men’s teams, Top 3 Combined Teams awarded (plaques).
Time Trials - Time permitting, time trials will be offered each day 15 minutes after the completion of the preliminary session for athletes already registered in the Speedo Sectionals at Iowa City, IA meet. The entry fee is $12.50 per individual event and $25.00 for relays. Time trials sign up will occur from 8am-10am each day. Athletes must provide their own lane timer and lap counter for all time trial events. The 800 Freestyle and 1500 Freestyle Time Trial events may be swum in the open lanes of the Timed Final heats based on the number of time trial requests and at the discretion of the meet referee. All swimmers, including relay-only swimmers, are limited to two time trial events during the meet. Time trials sessions will be limited to 60 minutes.
TIME TRIAL SCHEDULE (Time Permitting)
Order of Events
- Thursday afternoon following 800 Freestyle Thursday events/Friday events/Saturday events/Sunday events
- *800 Freestyle time trials Thursday afternoon only (time permitting and may be merged into open lanes of existing event)
- Friday afternoon following 400 Freestyle Relay Friday events/Saturday events/Sunday events/Thursday events
- Saturday afternoon following 800 Freestyle Relay Saturday events/Sunday events/Thursday events/Friday events
- Sunday afternoon following 1500 Freestyle Sunday events/Thursday events/Friday events/Saturday events
- *1500 Freestyle time trials Sunday afternoon only (time permitting and may be merged into open lanes of existing event)