2019 Central Zone Open Water Championships
LOCATION - Pleasant Prairie RecPlex 9900 Terwall Terrace Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158 262-947-0437
FACILITY - The open water event will be swum in Lake Andrea with all swims beginning and ending in the beach area. In-water start, in-water finish using finish/slap board.
- The lake course is pictured on page 6 of the meet information.
- There is a large spectator area along the beach with ample parking nearby.
- Swimmers and spectators will have access to the adjacent Pavilion and concession area.
The following distances will be swum
by age group:
- 10 & Under: 1K
- 11-12: 2K
- 13-14: 3K
- Open: 5K
MEET SCHEDULE -
Thursday, June 13th
Central Zone Open Water Clinic begins at 3:30pm, register for clinic HERE.
Friday, June 14t
Open Water Schedule for 5K and 3K Competitiors
- 6:45 am Registration and Check In for 5K and 3K, if not done at Clinic
- 7:30-8:00 am Course Open for Warm Up
- 8:00-8:15 am Participant Clinic/Pre Race Meeting - MANDATORY
- 8:30 am First wave of 5K begins
- 10:15 am estimated start for 3K
Open Water Schedule for 11-12 and 10 & Unders
- 9:00 am Registration and Check In for 5K and 3K, if not done already
- 9:45-10:15 am Warm Up in roped in swim area
- 10:30-10:45 am Participant Clinic/Pre Race Meeting - MANDATORY
- 11:00 am estimated first wave start time for 2K
- 11:45 am estimated first wave start time for 1K
SEEDING / CONDUCT - All swimmers must report to the registration area before they swim to ID Card, body marking, cap, and wave number.
- Please make sure that fingernails and toenails are trimmed and all jewelry and watches are removed prior to the morning registration. Swimmers must be nail-checked before body marking.
- There will be no penalty for scratching, entry fees will not be refunded.
- Athletes must notify the Clerk of Course if they decide to scratch from their event after completing registration.
- No swimmer shall be allowed to use or wear any device that may be an aid to his/her speed.
- Swimmers will start in the water, and finish in water (hand touching finish board)
- Each age group (and possibly gender) will start separately.
- All swimmers must finish within 30 minutes of the first swimmer in their heat in order to place or score points.
SAFETY PROCEDURES - The course will be patrolled by Pleasant Prairie FD Water Rescue and Pleasant Prairie Lifeguards, Pleasant Prairie EMTs will be on the beach. Athletes can wear caps of their choice, but we recommend caps provided by LSC teams. Age Groups will not be wearing assigned caps.
All swimmers must finish within 30 minutes of the first swimmer in their heat in order to place or score points.
Where emergency conditions require a race to be halted before it is completed, the race shall be restarted at the earliest possible time and the full distance completed. A Meet Committee will be convened if needed.
- Membership: All athletes must be regular (not seasonal) USA Swimming members with the LSC they represent.
- Swimmer’s Age: Age of swimmer on day of competition shall be the age for competition.
Qualification times shall be the
National A time in the following:
- Open 5K: Minimum 15-16 “A” Time in 400/500, 800/1000 or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 13-14 3K: Minimum 13-14 “A” Time in 400/500, 800/1000 or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 11-12 2K: Minimum 11-12 “A” Time in 200, 400/500, 800/1000, or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 10&Under 1K: Minimum 10&Under “A” Time in 200 or 400/500 Freestyle
ENTRY PROCEDURE - Illinois Swimming must submit an entry for the LSC. For more informantion on entering this competition follow this LINK.
- The coach, swimmer, or swimmer representative who enters any Central Zone Championship Meet thereby attests that all times on the entry are true and correct achieved qualifying times for each event entered and that all entered swimmers are eligible under current rules. He/she assumes all responsibility for false or incorrect times or times which are unacceptable under USA Swimming or Central Zone rules and shall be assessed a $100 penalty payable to the Central Zone for each false or incorrect entry unless absolved of the fine by the elected officers of the Central Zone, their designee or a Board of Review. Additional action or penalty may be taken or levied as deemed appropriate by the Central Zone or USA Swimming.
- Appeal of fines or penalties imposed is to be made to the elected officers of the Central Zone, their designee, and/or a Board of Review.
AWARDS - Individual Open Water events: 1-8 place: medals with neck ribbons; 9-16 place: ribbons