NS Ken Dunn Prov Championship
Hosted by: Swim Nova Scotia & Dartmouth Crusaders Swim Club
Location: Pool Events: Dalplex Pool, 6260 South St. Halifax,
8 lane 50m pool with Quantum Electronic Timing, And OBL2 Pro Backstroke ledges
Open Water Events: Long Lake Provincial Park, parking lot on Old Sambro Rd (civic address 75 Old Sambro Rd).
Swimmers may qualify for Nova Scotia Provincial Championships
using either short OR long course times.
14&U – Option 1: 200m IM OR 400m IM PLUS any 200m event or longer, Option 2: Any three 200m events or longer
Swimmers may then choose any events up to 6 (six) individual swims
15& Over – require three qualifying times to compete, then get up to 3 bonus swims for a total of 6 (six) individual swims
All ages - Must attain the QT in 800 or 1500 Freestyle to be eligible to swim the event at Nova Scotia Provincial Championships. If they attain the QT in 800 or 1500 then can swim the alternate distance without proof of time.
Open- swimmers that are 15 & under may choose to swim in the Open Category; however, they must meet the qualifying times in their own age group.
Qualifying period: Times must be achieved on or after March 1st, 2018
Entry Fees: $100 flat fee. Cheques or e-transfer only please; (No cash accepted).
A swimmer's age is determined as of the first day of the
• All events will be swum as heats and finals with the following exceptions: 800m Freestyle,
1500m Freestyle and all relay and Para events.
• 800m and 1500m Freestyle events will be swum alternating gender, fastest to slowest and
seeded by time with the fastest heats of 800m and 1500m swimming at night.
• The 800m and 1500m Freestyles are scored and awarded separately by age group but will swum
together seeded by time.
• Relays will be swum as timed finals.
• The 400m Freestyle and I.M. will both be swum fastest to slowest during prelims, alternating
• For each event there will be A finals in each age group, as well as 1 consolation B final that will
consist of the next fastest 8 swimmers regardless of age.
• B Finals will take place before the respective A finals.
• There will be no deck entries and no exhibition swims.
Medals will be awarded for first, second and third in all
individual and relay events on site during finals daily.
Ribbons will be awarded for 4th-8th place for individual events and relay events.
High Point Awards: Plaques/awards for top high point male and female in each individual age group.
Team Awards: Banner for Top Overall Winner, Banner for Top Female Team Winner, Banner for Top Male Team
Swimmers of the Meet: Male and Female, swimmers of the meet, (based on this year’s FINA Points).