2019 Terra Linda Orcas @ Tidalwaves (SWIMMER SIGN-UP)
Tidalwaves is excited to welcome the Terra Linda Orcas to our pool for our final dual meet on June 22nd, 2019. It should be a fun day. Please read on for meet day details.
- 10:30 am: Introduction to the meet and singing of National Anthem
- 10:35 am: Meet Start
- There is ample parking at Redwood. You may park in the main lot at 395 Doherty Drive, or the one at the intersection of Lucky Drive and Doherty.
- We will be running 8 Lanes for this meet.
- We do not use flyover starts.
- 8 & Unders line up on and dive off of deck side of pool without the blocks, except for the Individual Medley and Relays.
- Both teams warm up together starting at 10:00 am.
- Please have the
Orcas' Head Timer or volunteer
coordinator check in with the following on Saturday, at 10:10 am on
the Meet Desk corner of the pool.
- Tidalwaves Head Timers: John Fitzgerald and/or Bob Morgan
- Each head timer is responsible for coordinating their team's volunteers.
- All Timers to be ready to time and be behind starting blocks at 10:25 am.
- Home Team will have 2 timers in lane 1, 3, 5, and 7, and a single timer in lanes 2, 4, 6, and 8.
- Visiting Team will have 2 timers in lanes 2, 4, 6, and 8, and a single timer in lanes 1, 3, 5, and 7.
- Some heats may be consolidated if necessary.
- Please have the Orcas' Head Timer or volunteer coordinator check in with the following on Saturday, at 10:10 am on the Meet Desk corner of the pool.
- STROKE AND TURN
- Please have the Orcas' Stroke and Turn judges check in with Kathy Slaught by 10:10 at the Meet Desk.
- REFEREE AND
- Meet Referee is Kathy Slaught.
- Our head coach is Marie McSweeney.
- TEAM SEATING AND TENT
- We recommend setting up your tents and chairs in the grassy area between the two parking lots and in front of the gym. Tidalwaves will also set up here, but there is plenty of space! The blacktop is also available if you like.
- This seating/tent area is a little ways away from the pool. We do have loud speakers out to it as well as a board showing event/heat, but swimmers and their families are encouraged to LISTEN CLOSELY for event numbers so they don't miss their races!
- Additionally, signs will show entrance paths to the pool. Please remind your team (as we continue to remind ours) that parents and other spectators should not be behind the blocks.
- Absolutely NO DOGS should be brought to the swim meet. DOGS are not allowed at REDWOOD High School--even the cute, well behaved ones.
- Please do not enter the “Farm” area. We have roped off a walkway next to the pool for SWIMMERS ONLY. However, 8 & Under swimmers may be accompanied by an adult if needed.
- Tidalwaves’ snack bar will be open from 10:00 am thru the conclusion of the meet. We are known for our delicious lunch items of rainbow quinoa salad, chicken Caesar salad, fresh burgers, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken apple sausages, quesadillas, fresh guacamole and many new breakfast items as well including waffles, fruit cups and yogurt parfaits, as well as donuts! Please come and enjoy!
- Address: Redwood High
- 395 Doherty Drive, Larkspur
Please share these details with your team. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us before June 22nd.
We look forward to a great meet.
Liz Foley and Jon Kawamura
Presidents 2019 (Tidalwaves)