(this is a team hosted event)
Time Trials are SATURDAY, June 8th
The goal of this meet is to “practice” competing in an early Saturday morning environment before the dual meets get underway. Times attained during this "Practice Meet" will be used for seeding purposes during the first few Dual Meets.
To make sure the meet runs effectively and efficiently, here are some important items to keep in mind:
- Please sign your swimmer(s) up for the meet on the Team Unify website by Thursday, June 6th, at 5:00pm. If they are not registered for the meet, we will not create time cards for them.
- Swimmers will compete in all events that they are legal in. The coaches will be working to verify that swimmers are legal in Breaststroke and Butterfly before they are allowed to compete in each of those events at Time Trials. For Time Trials, they will have until Friday’s practice to demonstrate a legal technique and get entered into the event in question (for dual meets, the decision by the staff must be made earlier in the week, so we can turn in our meet event lineups to the opposing team). To clarify: Coach Mark will not allow a swimmer to compete in an event until they have proven that they are ready at practice—no exceptions.
- The order of events at Time Trials will be as follows: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly.. THERE WILL BE NO INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY AT TIMES TRIALS
- Relays will not be swum at this meet.
- Swimmers in the following age groups: 11-12, 13-14, and 15 & Over should arrive and be checked in with the Team Manager by 6:05 am; Swimmers in the 8 & Under or the 9-10 age groups should arrive and be checked in with the Team Manager by 6:20 am. Warm-ups will begin for each group shortly after they arrive.
- The meet will start promptly at 7:00am.
- Parents: please find a volunteer position (or 2...or 3) to fill during Time Trials. This is a great opportunity to try out some new volunteer positions because it’s a quick meet in a LOW pressure setting. This is a learning experience for everyone, whether we are shaking off the rust from the off-season or starting out for the first time.