2019 Summer Swim Academy Session
Registration for SUMMER SWIM ACADEMY is now open
Please read through this page for details about Swim Academy and click the link at the bottom to register. If you haven't reached out to BLUE yet and have not had your swimmer evaluated,
2019 Summer Sessions:
The Summer Sessions are condensed into (4) classes each to make it is easier to find a lessons option that works for you, your family and your summer plans :)
- All Sessions are held at the Nazareth Middle School Pool
- 6 Sessions total offered in (4) day bundles
- Each Session costs
$75 plus an annual
admin fee of $15 (the $15 is once per swimmer per
year), discount is offered
for Nazareth residents
- Tuesday 6/4, Wednesday 6/5, Thursday 6/6, Tuesday 6/11
- 535pm-605pm ***This is the only evening session
- Monday 6/17, Tuesday 6/18, Wednesday 6/19, Thursday 6/20
- Monday 6/24, Tuesday 6/25, Wednesday 6/26, Thursday 6/27
- Monday 7/8, Tuesday 7/9, Wednesday 7/10, Thursday 7/11
- Monday 7/15, Tuesday 7/16, Wednesday 7/17, Thursday 7/18
- Monday 7/22, Tuesday 7/23, Wednesday 7/24, Thursday 7/25
- Session 1
- Makeups for missed days will be offered as
- Makeups are ONLY available to those students that missed a class. They may only attend as many makeups as classes they missed.
- To schedule a makeup class email email@example.com
- If you have missed most of your session due to illness or some other issue, we can arrange to switch your session as available pool space allows.
ABOUT BLUE SWIM ACADEMY: Swim Academy is not your normal lessons program. Our courses are designed to teach individuals competitive swimming skills in a non-competitive environment meaning we will focus on developing skills necessary to participate in the sport of competitive swimming without requiring meet participation. The system is designed to impart maximum skill development at your child’s own pace. We know your time is important, so our short instruction times mean there is no wasted time for you or your child. Our small class sizes allow your child to receive more individualized focus from their instructors. At the conclusion of your child’s time in the program they will have the skills necessary to join Blue Eagle Swimming Age Group programming if they decide to continue into the sport of competitive swimming. Others may not have the desire to compete and may continue to advance in Swim Academy to simply perfect a life long skill.
Class Prerequisite: As Swim Academy is not your traditional lessons program, each child needs to meet certain safety criteria before registering. Can your child enter the water without adult assistance? Is your child able to submerge their face in the water without fear? Can your child tread water without assistance for a minimal amount of time? Are they comfortable wearing goggles that do not cover the nose? Is your child comfortable floating on their back with assistance? If you answered yes to all of these questions, please feel free to inquire and register for a class!
Who is Swim Academy for:
Generally age 4 years up to age 12 years.
Anyone age 13 and up, please inquire and we will work with these middle school/high school age students to create an environment where they can work with others their own age to learn more about the sport. They will not be placed with little kids.
- The number of participants in each session is limited, allowing the benefit of low Coach to Swimmer ratios. Once the Maximum number of participants is reached, that Session will close.
- You are permitted to register for more than one session. However, these are considered two separate registrations and a separate fee is applied for each session.
- The NASD pool rules require swimmers to exit the pool immediately upon the detection of thunder or lightning. Return to the pool is permitted 40 min after the last rumble/flash.
- BLUE will do everything in our power to reschedule a class canceled due to weather or NASD facility operational issues.
NOTE: Pool availability is based on NASD Facility Dept's usage. If NASD notifies BLUE of a facility change that impacts Swim Academy practice, please understand that this is beyond the control of BLUE. BLUE will communicate to you ASAP via email if that should occur.
firstname.lastname@example.org with general program questions, registration/computer issues
email@example.com with questions about your enrolled swimmer