SMAC Summer Classic
Jun 21, 2019 - Jun 23, 2019
June, 3 2019
War Memorial Pool, Ridgeview Park, 700 S Magnolia Ave, Waynesboro, VA 22980
- All 12 and younger swimmers will swim in the morning session.
- All 13 and older swimmers will swim in the afternoon session.
- Warm-ups for the distance sessions will start immediately after the conclusion of the afternoon sessions.
- All events will be timed finals.
- Morning sessions: Warm-ups at 6:30 am; competition starts at 8:00 am.
- Afternoon sessions “approximate”: Warm-ups not before 11:00 am; competition starts not before 12:10 pm.
- Distance sessions: The pool will be opened for 20 minutes of open warm-ups for competitors in distance events immediately following the finish of the afternoon session, with competition starting 5 minutes thereafter.
- Individual events: $5.00
- Relay events: $15.00
- Swimmer surcharge: $2.50 per person (entered in the meet in any capacity)
TEAM TRAVEL & TRAINING TRIP:
- Tream Travel will be offered for this meet, for groups Bronze 2 and up. "Team Travel" means that swimmers travel, stay, eat, etc. with the team, under the care of coaches and chaperones.
- A Training Trip will be offfered for groups Silver 2 and up. Those swimmers will travel to Waynesboro before the rest of the team and take part in some fun but rigorous training, as well as team-building activities.
- Team Travel is optional. Swimmers may attend the meet and stay with their families instead. Those swimmers will join the rest of the team on the pool deck and participate in the meet as usual.
- Full details about Team Travel and the Training Trip will be provided separately during the last week of May.
- All swimmers participating in the meet will register here. Swimmers who wish to participate in Team Travel or the Training Trip will register for that separately.
Please note: the meet registration deadline for this event is 6/03/2019