Valley Splash Race to JO's Long Course C/B/A+ Meet
(this is a team hosted event)
Note from Coach Jose:
Coaches will be entering swimmers for this meet. If you have a preference of what event you want to swim please inform your coach directly. You should also inform your coach ASAP if you can't attend this meet so you won't be billed for entry in this meet.
VALLEY SPLASH RACE TO JO’S
PACIFIC SWIMMING LONG COURSE C/B/A+ MEET
JUNE 21-23, 2019
imming Sanction No.
In granting this sanction it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event. It is further understood that Pacific Swimming and Valley Splash shall be free and held harmless from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by rea- son of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
NOTICE: By entering this meet, the athlete or his/her guardian consents to the publication, via electronic, print or other media, information and/or imagery related to their participation at this meet. Such information and imagery may include, but is not limited to, photographs, video, web casting, television, psych sheets and live meet results. The re- sults of this meet may be posted in real time on the Internet at www.ValleySplash.com.
USE OF AUDIO AND VISUAL: Photography and video recording from behind the blocks or starting areas is prohibited unless prior permission is granted by the Meet Referee. Use of any audio or visual recording devices, including but not limited to film and digital cameras, cell phones and tablets, and Google Glass is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms. Violation of this recording prohibition may result in ejection from the swimming pool facility by the Meet Referee or his/her designee.
MEET PERSONNEL: Meet Referee : Mike Piccardo Head Starter: Attila Lengyel Meet Marshal: Maria Medrano Admin Official: Roman Kuzmenko
Meet Director: Kevin Parizi - 408-513-2450 - firstname.lastname@example.org LOCATION: Valley Christian High School Skyway Campus, 100 Skyway Drive, San Jose, CA 95111
DIRECTIONS: From 101 South: Take 101 South to the Capitol Expressway/Yerba Buena Road exit. Merge onto Capitol Expressway heading west. Take the Monterey Road ramp. Turn left onto Monterey Road. Turn left onto Skyway Drive. Valley Christian High School is located at 100 Skyway Drive. From 280 South: Take 280 South to 87 South. Take 87 South to the Capitol Expressway Auto Mall exit. Turn left onto West Capitol Expressway. Take the Monterey Road ramp. Turn left onto Monterey Road. Turn left onto Skyway Drive. Valley Christian High School is located at 100 Skyway Drive.
COURSE: Outdoor, 50 Meter pool with up to 9 lanes available for competition. An additional 1 lane will be available for warm-up/cool down throughout the competition. The minimum water depth for the shallow end course, measured in accordance with Article 103.2.3, is 9'6" at the start end and 6'6" at the turn end. In accordance with Article 104.2.2C(4) the competition course has been certified.
TIME: Meet will begin at 9:00 AM each day with warm-ups from 7:30 to 8:45 AM each day. A special warm-up time for 8 and under athletes only will be held from 8:15 to 8:45 AM in a lane.
• Current USA and Pacific Swimming rules and warm-up
ern the meet.
A copy of these pro- cedures will be posted at the
• All events are timed finals.
• All events will swim fast to slow.
• Athletes may compete
3 events per day
and a maximum of
for the entire meet.
• All athletes ages 12 and under should complete competition within four (4) hours.
• Entries will be accepted until the number of splashes exceeds the estimated time line, per the “Four-Hour Rule,” based on the swimmers age and gender.
• If local conditions warrant it the Meet Referee, with the concurrence of the Meet Director , may require a mandatory scratch down . Immediate cash refunds will be made for any mandatory scratches .
• A ll coaches and deck officials must wear their USA Swimming membership cards in a visible manner .
• Meet will be capped at 500 swimmers per day or until the estimated timeline reaches the “Four-Hour Rule”. • Swimmers in the 400 Free & 400 IM – must provide their own timers / All swimmers in the 1500 meters freestyle must provide their own timers and lap counters.
• All 1500’s will be timed finals and will swim fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
• Distance events will run as combined age groups but will be awarded by age group.
• The Meet Referee may decide to swim two swimmers per lane in the 1500 freestyle events with approval at the coaches meeting.
UNACCOMPANIED ATHLETES: Any USA-S athlete-member competing at the meet must be accompanied by a USA Swim- ming member-coach for the purposes of athlete supervision during warm-up, competition and warm-down. If a coach-member of the athlete’s USA-S Club does not attend the meet to serve in said supervisory capacity, it is the responsibil- ity of the athlete or the athlete’s legal guardian to arrange for supervision by a USA-S member-coach. The Meet Direc- tor or Meet Referee may assist the athlete in making arrangements for such supervision; however, it is recommended that such arrangements be made in advance of the meet by the athlete’s USA-S Club Member-Coach.
RACING STARTS: Athletes must be certified by a USA-S member-coach as being proficient in performing a racing start, or must start the race in the water. It is the responsibility of the athlete or the athlete’s legal guardian to ensure com- pliance with this requirement.
• Smoking and the use of other tobacco products is prohibited
on the pool deck
in the locker rooms
in spectator seating
on standing areas and in all areas used by athletes
during the meet and during warm-
• Sale and use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all areas of the meet venue .
No glass containers are allowed in the meet venue
• No propane heater is permitted e x cept for snack bar/meet operations.
• All shelters must be properl y secured.
• Changing into or out of swimsuits other than in locker rooms or other designated areas is prohibited.
• Destructive devices, to include but not limited to, explosive devices and equipment, firearms (open or con- cealed), blades,(knives, mace, stun guns and blunt objects are strictly prohibited in the swimming facility and its surrounding areas. If observed, the Meet Referee or his/her designee may ask that these devices be stored safely away from the public or removed from the facility. Noncompliance may result in the reporting to law enforcement authorities and ejection from the facility. Law enforcement officers (LEO) are exempt per applicable laws.
• Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
• Only Coaches EZ-Ups will be allowed on the pool deck.
ELIGIBILITY: • Athletes must be current members of U SA-S and enter t heir name and registration number on the meet entry card as they a r e shown on their Registration Card. If this is not done , it may be difficult to match the athlete w ith the registration and times database . The meet host will check all athlete registrations against the SWIMS database and if not found to be registered , the Meet Director shall accept the registration at the meet (a $10 surcharge will be added to the regular registration fee) . Duplicate registrat i ons will be refunded by mail. • Athletes in the “A” Division must have met at least USA Swimming Motivational “A” minimum time standard. Athletes in the “B” Division must have met at least the listed “B” minimum time standard. All entry times slower than the listed “B” time standard will be in the “C” Division.
• Entries with
"NO TIME" will be
• Entry times submitted for this meet will be checked against a computer database and may be changed in ac- cordance with Pacific Swimming Entry Time Verification Procedures.
• Disabled athletes are welcome to attend this meet and should contact the Meet Director or Meet Referee re- garding any special accommodations on entry times and seeding per Pacific Swimming policy.
• Athletes 19 years of age and over may compete in the meet for time only, no awards. Such swimmers must have met standards for the 17-18 age group.
• The athlete’s age will be the age of the athlete on the first day of the meet.
ENTRY PRIORITY: Zone 1 South (Z1S) entries postmarked by Monday, May 27, 2019 or entered online by 11:59pm Wednesday, May 29, 2019 will be given priority acceptance. All entries from Zone 1 South, all other Pacific LSC zones, and other LSC’s either postmarked by Monday, June 10, 2019, entered online by 11:59pm Wednesday, June 12, 2019, or hand delivered by 5:00pm Wednesday, June 12, 2019, will be considered in the order that they are received or until meet cap is reached.
ENTRY FEES: $4.00 per event plus a $ 10.00 participation fee per athlete. Entries will be rejected if payment is not sent at time of request. No refunds will be made , except mandatory scratch downs.
ONLINE ENTRIES: You may enter this meet online or by U.S. mail. To enter on-line go to http://www.fastswims.com to receive an immediate entry confirmation. This method requires payment by credit card. FastSwims charges a process- ing fee for this service, 6.5% of the total Entry Fees plus $0.75 per transaction, regardless of number of athletes. Please note that the processing fee is a separate fee from the Entry Fees. If you do not with to pay the processing fee, enter the meet using a mail entry. Entering online is a convenience, is completely voluntary, and is in no way required or expected of an athlete by Pacific Swimming. Online entries will be accepted through 11:59pm on Wednesday June 12, 2019. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO REFUNDS.
MAILED OR HAND DELIVERED ENTRIES : Entries must be on the attached consolidated entry form. Forms must be filled out completely and printed clearly with athlete’s best time . Entries must be postmarked by midnight , Monday , June 10, 2019 or hand delivered by 5:00 p . m. Wednesday , June 12, 2019 . No late entries will be accepted. Requests for confirmation of receipt of entries should include a self-addressed envelope .
Make check payable to : Valley Splash Mail entries to : Kevin Parizi
100 Skyway Drive San Jose, CA 95111
Hand deliver entries to:
100 Skyway Drive San Jose, CA 95111
CHECK-IN: The meet will be deck seeded . Athletes must check-in at the Clerk-of-Course . No event shall be closed more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the session. Close of check-in for all individual events shall be no more than 60 minutes before the estimated time of the start of the first heat of the event. Athletes who do not check in will not be seeded and will not be allowed to compete in that event.
SCRATCHES: Any athletes not reporting for or competing in an individual timed final event that they have checked in for shall not be penalized.
AWARDS: Ribbons for First through Eighth place will be given to the following age groups: 8 & Under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16 and 17-18 within each event. Athletes 19 years of age and over may compete in the meet for time only, no awards. All awards must be picked up at the meet by a coach or parent representative at the end of the meet on Sun- day. Awards will not be mailed.
SNACK BAR & HOSPITALITY: A snack bar will be available throughout the competition. Coaches and working deck offi-
cials will be provided lunch . Hospitality will serve refreshments to timers and volunteers .
MISCELLANEOUS: No overnight parking is allowed . Facilities will not be provided after meet hours. Parking on campus is extremely limited. No overnight parking is allowed. Please note signs and avoid parking in restricted areas or you may be ticketed. Timing lane assignments will also be required based on the total entries by club*.