Tangy Tornado Swim-A-Thon & Raffle Fundraiser
(this is a team hosted event)
Thank you for supporting our swimmers, divers and the Tangy Tornadoes Swim and Dive Team! Our athletes will be participating in the Swim-a-thon on June 17, 2019. They will swim 100 laps or as many laps as they can in one hour (45 minutes for 8 and unders). They can swim any stroke of their choice or alternate strokes.
Please help us raise funds by pledging for each lap or a fixed amount. If you wish to motivate your swimmer by collecting donations for each lap completed, please make sure to stay during the event and help your swimmer count his laps and determine the appropriate donation.
All proceeds from the event will go toward resurfacing of the starting blocks and the cost of the new starting system. There will be FUN PRIZES for our fundraisers, and donuts will be provided to the swimmers at the end of each swim-a-thon event.
- A minimum donation of $20 is required in order to participate in this event.
- Swimmers who raise $20 will receive 2 tickets to be used in the prize raffle.
- Swimmers who raise $50 are eligible to enter the raffle for a private 30-minute swim lesson with one of the coaches. Each $50 donations earns one raffle ticket for a private lesson.
Donations are due at the event, both cash and checks are accepted. Please make checks payable to "Olentangy Swim Association". Raffle baskets will be available during the swim-a-thon. Raffle tickets will be given after the donation is turned in, and swimmers will decide which raffle they want to enter prior to or right after their event. Winners will be chosen as soon as the swim-a-thon is completed for all age groups.
The Swim-a-thon schedule on Monday is as follows:
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.: 13 and over age group and 11 and 12 age group
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: 9 and 10 age group
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.: 8 and under age group
PLEASE NOTE: 13 and over DO NOT need to report to practice at their regular time (7:45 a.m.). They will swim from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. only.