IL Open water State Championships
Open Water State Championship
(Illinois & Wisconsin)
Lake Andrea - Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin - Thursday, June 27, 2019
Sanctioned by USA Swimming.
In granting this sanction it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming and Wisconsin Swimming, Inc. shall be free from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
Pleasant Prairie / Lake Andrea Beach
9900 Terwall Terrace
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Lake is West of the RecPlex Aquatic Center.
OPEN WATER COURSE:
The open water event will be swum in Lake Andrea with all swims beginning and ending in the beach area. In-water start, in-water finish with a slapboard will be used. Map provided on last page. Ages and Genders may be swum combined under the discretion of meet management.
· The following distances will be swum by age group:
10 & Under: 1K 11-12: 2K
13-14: 3K Open: 3K
OPEN WATER EVENT SCHEDULE:
Open Water Schedule for 3K Competitors:
3:00 PM: Registration & CheckIn for 3K
3:00-4:00: Officials Meeting
3:45 – 4:00 PM: Mandatory Coaches Meeting
3:15-4:15 PM: WarmUp
4:15-4:30 PM: Participant Clinic/Pre-Race Meeting - MANDATORY
4:45 PM: First wave of 3K Begins
3K Awards will be presented once results are compiled.
Open Water Schedule for Swimmers Ages 11-12, 10&Un
4:00 PM: Registration & CheckIn for 2K & 1K
4:45-5:15 PM: WarmUp
5:15-5:30 PM: Participant Clinic/Pre-Race Meeting - MANDATORY 5:45 PM: Estimated First wave of 10&Un Begins 6:15 PM: Estimated first wave of 11-12 begins
Warm-up and warm down area will be in designated beach area adjacent to the open water course. This area will be lifeguard supervised.
The course will be patrolled by RecPlex lifeguard personnel and Village of Pleasant Prairie Fire/Rescue Water Safety Team.
Membership: All athletes must be USA Swimming members.
Swimmer’s Age: Age of swimmer on day of competition shall be the age for competition.
Qualifying Time/Eligibility: Qualification times shall be the National “BB” time in the following:
· Open 3K: Minimum 15-16 “BB” Time in 400/500, 800/1000 or 1500/1650 Freestyle
· 13-14 3K: Minimum 13-14 “BB” Time in 400/500, 800/1000 or 1500/1650 Freestyle
· 11-12 2K: Minimum 11-12 “BB” Time in 200, 400/500, 800/1000, or 1500/1650 Freestyle
· 10&Under 1K: Minimum 10&Under “BB” Time in 200 or 400/500 Freestyle
USA Swimming Time Standards Table: https://www.teamunify.com/wikbst/__doc__/2020motivationaltimes-top16%20(5).pdf
$25.00 per open water event $3.00 per swimmer Wisconsin Swimming Surcharge ($28 total)
Make check payable to: Pleasant Prairie RecPlex
· Please make sure that fingernails and toenails are trimmed and all jewelry and watches are removed prior to the registration. Swimmers must be nail-checked before body marking.
· All swimmers must report to the start area before they swim with ID Card ready to swim. Failure to report could result in race disqualification.
· There will be no penalty for scratching, entry fees will not be refunded. Athletes must notify the Clerk of Course if they decide to scratch from their event after completing registration.
· No swimmer shall be allowed to use or wear any device that may be an aid to his/her speed.
· Each age group (and possibly gender) will start separately.
· Swimmers should be wearing a team cap with team name identified.
· Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open-ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials, and/or spectators are present.
All swimmers must finish within 20 minutes of the first swimmer in their heat. Swimmers still in the water after the deadline may be removed from the course.
Where emergency conditions require a race to be halted before it is completed, the race shall be restarted at the earliest possible time. A Meet Committee will be convened if needed.
Open Water events: 20, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Each LSC will be scored separately and will recognize individual and team champions
Individual awards: 1-8 place: medals with neck ribbons; 9-16 place: ribbons
Admission fee for open water will be free of charge.
Parking for event is free.
MEET PROGRAM/ FINAL RESULTS:
Psych sheets and final results will be posted at the venue and online.
Refreshments will be available through RecPlex concessions.
Picnic tables will be available in viewing area. Spectators are welcome to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets.
We welcome all officials, with or without open water experience, to work this championship meet. Open water specific training will be covered in the Officials Meeting, which will be held in the Beach Pavilion at 3pm.
For advance planning purposes, please let us know your availability by completing this application to officiate: https://forms.gle/wdhWxag4z6duwkiT9
Thursday, June 27th, 3:00pm Central Time, Lake Andrea Beach Pavilion.
White polo shirt (or white sun shirt) over navy shorts/pants. Nylon swim shorts are appropriate, as are any water specific/safe footwear (sandals, flip-flops, crocs, etc.) Hats and sunscreen also recommended.