2019 VSI Summer Awards
The 2019 VSI Regional Summer Awards Long Course (50m) swim meet is available for sign ups and is open to all swimmers who are registered to swim in the BASS Summer Program. The meet will be held July 12-14, 2019 at the Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center at 1600 Mine Road, Stafford, VA 22554. The deadline for signups is midnight, Saturday, June 29, 2019
This is a long course (50m) meet.
- 12& Over swimmers will compete in the AM sessions.
- 13 & Over swimmers will compete in the PM sessions.
- Swimmers competing in the 800 free MUST provide their own timers and lap counters.
This meet is NOT included in your swim dues. Fees for the meet will be billed to swimmer accounts -Individual events: $8.00 per event and a swimmer surcharge: $2.50 per person (entered in the meet in any capacity). Swimmers may enter a maximum of 9 individual events, with no more than 3 individual event entries per day.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. Heat sheets will be available for purchase throughout the meet. Concessions will be available at the facility. No glass containers are permitted. Lawn/deck chairs are NOT permitted in the grandstand. No flash photography is permitted.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “2019 VSI Summer Awards” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign
up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS and you have not attended a long course meet, your swimmer will not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. NOTE: Your swimmer may enter UP TO 3 individual events per day. Your swimmer can swim in FEWER than maximum number of events per day/session, but they cannot swim in MORE THAN 3 events each day o. When you click the check box, the entry time will highlight. Don’t worry if there are NTs in there.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks,
will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.