2019 Long Course TAGS Championships
Hosted by Longhorn Aquatics - University of Texas
July 24th to 28th
For qualifying Sharks, Dolphins, Senior 2 and Senior Gold swimmers
LOCATION: Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center ~ 1900 Red River St., Austin, TX 78712
- Individual events in prelims will be conducted using both ends of the 50-meter pool – odd heats finishing at one end (closest to the men’s locker room) and even heats finishing at the other end (closest to the women’s locker room).
- $15 per individual event + $5 surcharge per athlete, up to 3 events per day, 7 individual events total.
- Chase starts may be used at the discretion of the meet referee.
- Preliminary events will be seeded slowest to fastest.
- Events on Wednesday, the 1500 Free on Sunday will swim fastest to slowest. The 800 and 1500 Free require positive check-in and will swim alternating heats of girls and boys.
- There will be a 15 minute break on Wednesday between the 800 Free and the 800 Free Relay.
- There will be a 10 minute break during prelims on Sunday after the relay and before the start of the 1500 Free.
- In prelim/final events, two heats in the 10 & under, 11- 12 and 13-14 age groups, will advance to finals.
- All relays, the 800 Free, 10 & under 400 Free and 13-14 1500 Free are timed finals.
- In the 10 & under 400 Free and 13-14 1500 Free, the fastest heat of girls and boys will swim during finals. However, swimmers in the 1500 Free on Sunday may elect a morning swim. This election is due by 6 PM on Saturday. If no indication is made, the entry will be seeded as if it is available for an evening swim.
- All other heats of the 1500 Free will swim as the final event in Sunday’s prelim session, fast to slow, alternating girls and boys.
- There will be a 10 minute break after the 200 medley relay before the start of the 1500.
- Positive Check In: The 13-14 800 and 1500 Free will be deck seeded and require positive check in. Failure to check in at clerk of course before the deadline (800 by 3:00pm, Wed, 1500 by 6:00pm Sat) will result in a scratch.
- Bonus Swims: Swimmers with 1 regular cut get 1 bonus swim. Swimmers with 2 regular cuts get 1 bonus swim. Swimmers with 3 or more regular cuts get 0 bonus swims. Individual time standards only (relay times are not included in the Bonus cuts).
- Deck Entries: Deck entries will be accepted. Deck Entries are $30.00 per individual event. You may deck enter for the current session beginning at the start of warm-up. Deck entries will close 30 minutes before the start of each session. Swimmers who deck enter must pre-prove a qualifying time with the Admin Referee and will be entered in an open lane. A zero heat will be added if necessary, but there will be no standbys for open lanes.
- Time Trials: Time Trials will be held, time permitting, for TAGS participants between preliminaries and finals on Friday and Saturday. Entries will be taken on the 2nd floor on the Non-Flag End balcony of the Swim Center from 9 AM -11 AM on Friday and Saturday. There will be no time trials on Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday. The entry fee is $30 per event. A swimmer may swim a maximum of one time trial per day. The 800 Free will only be offered for Time Trial on Friday and the 1500 Free will only be offered for Time Trial on Saturday. Time trial events count towards a swimmers maximum events per day as outlined in the "Entries" section. Events will swim mixed gender. Order of events will be: 50’s, 100’s, 200’s, 400 IM, 400 FR and distance of that day. There will be NO break between the end of the prelim session and the start of time trials.
WARM UP / MEET START:
Session 1, Wed PM 7/24 - Arrive 2:30-2:45 PM, Warm Up 3:00 PM, Meet Start 4:00 PM
Session 2, Thur AM 7/25 - Arrive TBA, Warm Up TBA, Prelims Start 9:00 AM
Session 3, Thur PM 7/25 - Arrive 4:15PM, Warm Up 4:30PM, Finals Start 5:30PM
Session 4, Fri AM 7/26 - Arrive TBA, Warm Up TBA, Parade: 8:50AM, Starts 9:00AM
Session 5, Fri PM 7/26 - Arrive 4:15PM, Warm Up 4:30PM, Finals Start 5:30PM
Session 6, Sat AM 7/27 - Arrive TBA, Warm Up TBA, Prelim Starts 9:00AM
Session 7, Sat PM 7/27 - Arrive 4:15PM, Warm Up 4:30PM, Finals Start 5:30PM
Session 8, Sun PM 7/28 - Arrive TBA, Warm Up TBA, Prelim Starts 9:00AM
Session 9, Sun PM 7/28 - Arrive 4:15PM, Warm Up 4:30PM, Finals Start 5:30PM
CLICK HERE for complete Meet Information.