SwimMAC Winter Invite
SWIMMAC WINTER INVITE
DECEMBER 6-8 @LATIN SCHOOL
We are excited to be racing again this weekend at the SwimMAC December Invite at Charlotte Latin School (9850 Providence Road). This will be a crowded meet with very little deck space for parents, so please allow extra time in getting settled. Warm-ups are very limited, so being late could result in your swimmer missing warm-up altogether. Below are the details you need to know for the weekend:
- The ATOM Coaching staff is split this weekend between two meets. On Friday, swimmers should look for Coach Meaghan, Coach Erica or Coach Alex. Coach Meaghan will be at all 13&O sessions. Coach Erica and Coach Alex will be at all 12&U sessions
- The Latin pool deck is tight for spectators. There is bleacher seating for SWIMMERS ONLY and swimmers must sit together. No parents are permitted beyond the barriers set at lane 10. Parents will need to bring their own chairs if they want to sit and it fills fast.
- The temperature on deck can really range. I have been in there at this time of year when it’s been hot and cold. Please prepare for it to be cold- you can always take off layers.
- Please make sure you have located your team suit and shirts for the weekend.
T-shirt order for the weekend:
Friday Blue ATOM shirt
Saturday Gray Oh Yeah ATOM shirt
Sunday Black ATOM shirt
- Activation times (please arrive a few minutes ahead of when we begin activation):
8&U, 11-12, 13&O Friday Evening Session (no 9-10): activation 4:45 p.m.
13&O Saturday AND Sunday Morning Prelims: activation 7:15 a.m.
12&U Saturday AND Sunday Afternoon: activation 11:45 a.m.
13&O Evening Finals: This meet is prelim/final for 13&O swimmers. The top 30 13&O combined swimmers per gender will return for finals. Meaning it is NOT 13-14 and 15&O, it’s the top 30 13&O. Please check results and with Coach Meghan. If a swimmer makes finals, they are expected to return to finals for their swim(s). Arrive for activation at 4:45 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
- The meet will be in accordance with the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy. This means there will be marked locker rooms for all swimmers and marked restrooms for all other adults. Adults are not permitted in the marked athlete/swimmer locker rooms.
ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO YOUR CHILD’S COACH!
ATOM Coaching Staff
Click HERE for meet info