SCST Speedo Chicagoland Championships (Qualifier)
(this is a team hosted event)
John B. Norris Recreation Center - 1050 Dunham Road, St. Charles, Illinois 60174
St. Charles North High School - 255 Red Gate Road, St. Charles, Illinois 60175
John B. Norris Recreation Center - Indoor 6 lane 50 meter pool will be divided into two 25 yard pools. The competition pool ranges in depth from 12 ft. deep at the start end to 5 ft. deep at the turn end. The shallow pool will be used for continuous warm-up and warm-down throughout the meet, ranges in depth from 3.5 to 4.5 feet in depth. The pools have Kiefer lane lines, Paragon starting blocks, and a Daktronics timing system with 6 lane time LCD display board. Beep horn systems with strobes will be used.
St. Charles North High School - Indoor 8 lane 25 yard pool ranging in depth 12 ft. deep at the start end to 4 ft. deep at the turn end. The pool has Kiefer lane lines and a Daktronics timing system with 8-lane time display board. Beep horn systems with strobes will be used.
- All Friday night events are timed finals. The 500 Free and 400 IM heats will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating between girl’s then boy’s heats. 12 & Under events swam at St Charles North High School will be swum fastest to slowest, but not alternating. 12 and unders and 13 and overs, where indicated on Friday night, will be swum together and awarded separately.
- Saturday and Sunday events offer a Prelim/Final format for 10 & under, 11 & 12, 13 & 14 and Senior Events. Preliminary heats will be swum in the morning with the top six 10 & under and top twelve 11-12, 13-14 and senior qualifiers returning for evening Finals. All Prelim heats will be swum slowest to fastest with the last 3 heats circle seeded. The 1000 Free will be swum as a timed final event and all swimmers will compete in the prelim session. 1000s will be swum fastest to slowest.
- All 500 and 1000 freestyle swimmers will be responsible for providing their own counters and timers.
- All relay events will be swum as timed finals. In any relay events with nine or more entries the top six seeds swim only in the finals session. In relay events with seven to nine entries, the slowest three seeds shall swim in prelims and all others shall swim in finals. In relay events with 6 or fewer entries, all will swim in finals only. Relays will be swum as the last events in preliminary sessions and the first events in the finals sessions per the order of events in the meet packet. Coached must turn in relay swimmer names to the Administrative Official prior to the start of the relay event.
|Sessions||Location||Type||Meet W-Up||Meet Start|
|Session 1||Norris Rec Center||Timed Finals||4:00pm||5:00pm|
|Session 2||North High School||Timed Finals||4:00pm||5:00pm|
|Session 3||Norris Rec Center||Prelims||7:00am||8:00am|
|Session 4||North High School||Prelims||7:00am||8:00am|
|Session 5||Norris Rec Center||Finals||4:00pm||5:00pm|
|Session 6||Norris Rec Center||Prelims||7:00am||8:00am|
|Session 7||North High School||Prelims||7:00am||8:00am|
|Session 8||Norris Rec Center||Finals||4:00pm||5:00pm|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
- Each individual may enter 2 events on Friday and up to 4 events per day on Saturday and Sunday (3 Prelim-Final or Timed Final Events / 1 Relay). If the individual is entered in more than 3 events the entry will be made by the order of events starting with event #1 until the limit is satisfied. Each team will be limited to 2 relay entries per event.
- All events of 200 yards or longer may be limited in order to comply with timeline requirements. Every effort will be made to accommodate all swimmers. St. Charles reserves the right to swim their swimmers. Officials retain the right to limit participation in any event to achieve the required time line. Refunds will be issued in limited events. Deck Entries may be allowed at the Meet Referee’s discretion.
- 2020 SCST Speedo Chicagoland Championship Meet Information
- 2020 SCST Speedo Chicagoland Championship Hy Tek Event Set Up File