SWOYSL A Championships 2020
SWOYSL League A Championships 2020
All MCY Swim Team members will make plans to attend this exciting end of the season meet as a culmination of their hard work for the 2019 - 2020 Short Course Season.
This meet is held at the Trotwood-Madison School in Trotwood with A Finals held at Trotwood both Saturday and Sunday nights.
A Finals is a huge privilege and we would encourage every single swimmer to attend this meet if they make the cut, to have another opportunity to swim and try to achieve the AA cut times at this meet.
Items to Note (New this year):
- New for our location this year: we are reverting back to a "traditional" scratch system instead of the "positive opt-in" that we have used the past couple of years. I have been assured from the league and member YMCA's that we'll have good attendance for our finals and therefore am predicting a low number of scratches. The top 26 in each preliminary event will automatically be eligible for finals unless they properly fill out a scratch card and have it signed by their coach. The scratch process and penalty for no-shows are explained in the meet information packet.
- Individual entry limit is 3 events per day.
- Friday’s sessions compete at Powell Crosley (south teams plus CY, GMVY, and LAKY) and at Trotwood (north teams plus KEY and CFY).
- Finals sessions are held on Saturday and Sunday evenings; one at Powel Crosley (10 lanes), one at Trotwood (8 lanes).
- Finals sessions – only 1 heat of 200 stroke events will swim in Finals. 200 IM and 200 free events will swim 1 heat of 11-12, 1 heat of 13-14 and 2 heats of 15 & Over.
- We will be issuing desk passes/lanyards for all volunteers on deck. Only properly credentialed volunteers, coaches from the certified list, officials, and TMHS facility workers are permitted on deck. There will be no photography passes issued, and this will be enforced by our Deck/Safety Marshal
- In addition to pre-assigned meet volunteers, each team will be permitted one additional deck pass for the afternoon sessions to serve as coaches helper to help get the younger swimmers in the right race. If you choose to use this, please have the volunteer helper sign in and receive their deck pass