PALM Turkey Invite
PALM Turkey Invite - Nov 22-24, 2019
USC Sol Blatt Pool
1300 Wheat Street
Columbia, SC 29205
PALM Meet Fees: TBD
PALM Registration Deadline: TBD
THE BELOW INFO IS FROM LAST YEAR'S INVITE - UPDATED INFO WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE THE MEET SANCTION (APPROVAL)
NOTE: Saturday and Sunday
morning sessions: 13 and
Saturday and Sunday afternoon sessions: 12 and under
Eligibility: Open to all USA registered swimmers.
Limit: All events are timed finals, except
Saturday's 11 and over events. Each 10 and under swimmer
may swim 4 events per day. Each 11 and
over swimmer may swim 3 events per day.This includes time
- Meet management reserves the right to adjust the number of heats, lanes, warm up times and sessions based upon the number of entries or the meet timeline.
- All events on Friday and Sunday will be timed finals.
- The 1000 free will be a separate session on Friday evening. There will be a 10 minute break between sessions 1 & 2.
- All events for swimmers ages 11 & older on Saturday will be prelims/finals, except the 500 free.
- The 500 free, for 13 & Over only, will be timed finals with the top 10 girls and top 10 boys swimming at finals. There will only be one (1) heat of girls top 10 and one (1) heat of boys top 10 in finals regardless of age.
- The 500 free will be swum last in the session on Saturday morning but will be the third event during finals Saturday night.
- The top 20 for each age group of 11-12, 13-14, and 15 & Over will return for finals.
- 11-12 age group will swim their prelim session Saturday and their timed finals session Sunday in the afternoon session with the 10 & unders.
- During finals on Saturday night, all of the girl’s finals of one event will be swum and then all the boys finals of one event will be swum (example = 11-12 girls 100 back, 13-14 girls 100 back, 15 & Over girls 100 back, 11-12 boys 100 back, 13-14 boys 100 back, 15 & Over 100 back, etc.)
- The 1000 Free, 500 Free and 400 IM will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
- The 10 and under events will be timed finals only and swum in the afternoon session on Saturday & Sunday.
- Dive over starts will be used during preliminary and timed finals events.
- Depending upon the timeline, the 11 & Over 400 IM may be limited to the top 50 girls and top 50 boys. The decision will be made by Thursday, November 15, and coaches will be notified by e-mail. No refunds will be given. We will be happy to switch the swimmer to a different event at no additional charge, contingent on not creating new heats.
- Depending upon the timeline, the 1000 Free may be limited to the top 30 girls and top 30 boys. The decision will be made by Thursday, November 15, and coaches will be notified by e-mail. No refunds will be given. We will be happy to switch the swimmer to a different event at no additional charge, contingent on not creating new heats.
- Time Trials will be conducted at the conclusion of each session at the discretion of the Meet Referee. Fees must be paid on the day of the Time Trial in cash.
- It is the coach’s responsibility to check for ties leading to swim offs. Swim-offs will be swum at the time designated by the Meet Referee. Any swimmer not present for the swim off will be dropped to the next lower place.
- Any swimmer who misses a positive check-in or finals event and does not swim will be ineligible to compete in his/her next individual preliminary or timed final event.