13/14 & open SCY State Championships
and Open Short Course
State Championship Meet
Hosted by SLA
March 19 through 22, 2020
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS Wednesday, March 11, 2020.
It is imperative to read the meet packet for more specific information.
LOCATION/FACILITIES – Eastern Michigan University
DAY/DATE WARM UP TIME EVENT START TIME
3/19, Thursday 3:30 PM 4:30 PM
3/20, Friday Prelims 7:30 AM 9:00 AM
3/20, Friday Finals 4:30 PM 5:30 PM
3/21, Saturday Prelims 7:30 AM 9:00 AM
3/21, Saturday Finals 4:30 PM 5:30 PM
3/22, Sunday Prelims 7:30 AM 9:00 PM
3/22, Sunday Finals 4:00 PM 5:00 PM
FORMAT - Three and a half Day Championship State
meet where swimmers swim prelim/final events in their age group
with a few exceptions for timed final events listed below:
• 13/14 & Open - 1000 Freestyle and 1650 Freestyle seeded fastest to slowest alternating gender.
• 800 Free Relay with swim Thursday evening seeded fastest to slowest.
• 400 Free Relay will swim Friday at finals seeded fastest to slowest.
• 200 Medley Relay will swim Saturday at prelims with awards at finals. Seeded slowest to fastest.
• 200 Free Relay will swim Saturday at finals seeded slowest to fastest.
• 400 Medley Relay will swim Sunday at prelims with awards to follow, seeded slowest to fastest.
ENTRY LIMITS - A swimmer may enter as many events as they qualify for but may swim no more than (3) individual events per day. A swimmer may swim no more than (6) individual events and (5) relay events for the entire three-and-a-half-day meet. If a swimmer is entered in more than (3) individual events and (2) relay events per day, he/she must scratch out of the desired excess events.
Individual Events: There will be two heats of individual events at finals (A Final, B Final) each heat is comprised of a maximum of eight (8) swimmers. These two heats will swim in a B-Consolation (9-16), A-Championship Finals order (1-8). *Para-Swimming events – There will be the addition of a “C” final prior to the B- Consolation in any event that a Para-Swimmer has competed in for Para-Swimmers only. At the discretion of the Meet Referee, this heat may be combined with the B-Consolation, space permitting. A para-swimmer who qualifies for either the A Final or the B Consolation based on overall place shall swim with that heat, with the exception of the timed-finals events.