MA Mid Winter Classic 2020
This meet is for all our swimmers ages 9-14.
Please remember that ALL competitive PAAC swimmers are automatically entered for the meets they should be going to and will be billed for those events.
If you are unable to attend, you must go online and decline your child's participation prior to the deadline or your child will automatically be entered and your account will be charged accordingly.
Please wear a White PAAC shirt on Friday, Black or Blue PAAC shirt for Saturday and Red PAAC shirt on Sunday. If you need a team swim cap, please see your coach.
Please try and be on the pool deck ready to swim 15 minutes before warmup starts.
|Friday - All Ages||Warmup at 4:30pm||Meet starts at 5:30pm|
Saturday and Sunday Prelims|
11-14 year olds
|Warmup at 7:30am||Meet starts at 8:30am|
Saturday and Sunday|
9-10 year olds
|Warmup at 12:00pm||Meet starts at 1:00pm|
Saturday and Sunday FINALS|
11-14 year olds only
|Warmup at 4:00pm||Meet starts at 5:00pm|
|SUNDAY MILE HEAT||Warmup at 2:30pm||Starts at 3:15pm|
Please read the important information below that was sent to us by the meet host.
Please text the phrase MWC20 to 84483 to be added to the text list for this meet and kept up to date on any weather related changes
1. All Non athletes (officials, coaches, timers) will enter the facility basically at the same area as spectators. There will be a sign at the front of the building (under the large CV logo sign by the tennis courts) that indicates this area for Non Athletes. You will enter direct to the pool deck. We will have volunteers checking your USA Swimming Membership credentials. Please be sure you have your "Deck Pass" on your phone PLUS a photo ID (Drivers license). It is important that each of you come prepared with your "Deck Pass" as well as photo ID. After showing your Deck Pass and ID at the admissions point, you will be given a wristband.
2. Please let your timers know they will check in at this same area. Timers will be given a green lanyard
3. Athletes will continue to go through locker rooms and spectators will continue to go to the gallery
4. Non athletes that are leaving the pool deck will do so through the same doors as you entered.
5. Non athletes that need to use the bathrooms will exit the pool deck using the same doors as you entered and use the restroom facilities in the school lobby
6. We have made a small change to warm-ups and start times for prelim sessions for 11-12 and 13-14 age groups. Warm-ups will begin at 7:30am and the session will start at 8:30am.
7. Swimmers racing in the Friday evening session will need to provide their own timer (and counter for 500). All Friday evening events are seeded FAST to SLOW alternating Girls | Boys as per meet announcement.
8. We will swim ALL RELAYS at finals (end of Finals on Saturday) and beginning of finals (after 2 heats of the mile) on Sunday. There will be no relays swum at prelim sessions. 10 and under relays will continue to be swum at the end of the 10 and under session
9. Looks like we will only swim one heat of the 1650 after the 10 and under session on Sunday. We will combine boys and girls into one heat. The top 8 boys and the Top 8 girls will race at finals PRIOR to the relays at the beginning of the session.
10. Fun with "weather". As is normal for this event, there is a chance of "weather" on Saturday morning. We want to get ahead of any possibility of a "weather event" that may happen on Saturday in the Central Pennsylvania area. We will not "over react", but want to be safe and Cumberland Valley School District is very good at working collaboratively with us. Communication will be very important and we want to create a single information hub for all information. Here are the two methods we will be using:
11. Please text the phrase MWC20 to 84483. This will add you to our text list that we will be using for this event. Send this to all of your parents and coaches. We can take up to 3,000 numbers on this list. I want to be sure everyone is properly informed