Tuffy Williams Classic Senior Open Short Course in Vallejo
Tuffy Williams Classic Senior Open Short Course
NOTE FROM COACH JOSE:
To All Juniors and Seniors:
Please sign up now before the meet gets full. If you don't know how to sign up, please let me know and I will sign you up. Senior meets are few and far between. They also get full very quickly, and this meet is no exception. So please sign up right away.
VALLEJO AQUATIC CLUB TUFFY WILLIAMS CLASSIC SENIOR OPEN
PACIFIC SWIMMING SHORT COURSE MEET
NOVEMBER 16-17, 2019
Enter Online: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/VJO20191116
SANCTION: Held under USA/Pacific Swimming Sanction No. 19-132
In granting this sanction it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
NOTICE: By entering this meet, the athlete or his/her guardian consents to the publication, via electronic, print or other media, information and/or imagery related to their participation at this meet. Such information and imagery may include, but is not limited to, photographs, video, web casting, television, psych sheets and live meet results. The results of this meet shall be posted in real time on the Internet at Meet Mobile.
USE OF AUDIO AND VISUAL: Photography and video recording from behind the blocks or starting areas is prohibited unless prior permission is granted by the Meet Referee. Use of any audio or visual recording devices, including but not limited to film and digital cameras, cell phones and tablets, and Google Glass is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms. Violation of this recording prohibition may result in ejection from the swimming pool facility by the Meet Referee or his/her designee.
OFFICIALS: Meet Referee: Phil Grant Head Starter: Sarah Obbagy
Meet Marshal: Jennifer Matteo Admin Official: Mike Abegg
Meet Director: Joe Sapida - email@example.com
LOCATION: JOHN F. CUNNINGHAM AQUATIC COMPLEX. 801 HEARTWOOD AVENUE, VALLEJO, CA 94589
DIRECTIONS: From I-80 East onto Georgia Street: from I-80 West, RIGHT up over freeway onto Georgia Street. Go east on Georgia Street, past (3) stoplights. Turn LEFT on Heartwood to pool. From Contra Costa, take I-680 NORTH to I-780 NORTH. Exit from I-780 at Columbus Parkway. Turn LEFT on Georgia Street. Turn RIGHT on Heartwood. Pool is on the left side. Pool parking lot is only for officials who are working the meet. THOSE PARKING IN IMPROPER AREAS WILL BE TICKETED BY V.P.D AND MAY BE TOWED.
COURSE: Outdoor 25 yard pool with up to 15 lanes available for competition. A separate warm up/warm down area is available throughout the meet. The minimum water depth for the shallow end course, measured in accordance with Article 103.2.3, is 4’0” at the start end and 4’0” at the turn end. In accordance with Article 104.2.2C(4) the competition course has been certified. A copy of the certification is on file with USA Swimming.
TIME: Meet shall begin at 5:00 PM on Friday with warm-ups from 3:30 PM to 4:45 PM. Meet shall begin at 9:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday with warm-ups from 7:30 AM to 8:45 AM.
RULES: • Current USA and Pacific Swimming rules including the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP) and warm-up procedures shall govern the meet. A copy of these procedures shall be posted at the Clerk-of-Course.
• All events are timed finals.
• All events shall swim fast to slow
• Athletes may compete in a maximum of four (4) events per day.
• If local conditions warrant it, the Meet Referee, with the concurrence of the Meet Director, may require a mandatory scratch down. Immediate cash refunds shall be made for any mandatory scratches.
• All coaches and deck officials shall wear their USA Swimming membership cards in a visible manner.
• All athletes 18 and older must have completed the Athlete Protection Training to be allowed to compete.
• Athletes competing in the 500 yard freestyle shall supply their own lap counters. Athletes competing in the 1000 and 1650 yard freestyle must supply their own timers and lap counters.
UNACCOMPANIED ATHLETES: Any USA Swimming athlete-member competing at the meet shall be accompanied by a USA Swimming member-coach for the purposes of athlete supervision during warm-up, competition and warm-down. If a coach-member of the athlete’s USA Swimming Club does not attend the meet to serve in said supervisory capacity, it is the responsibility of the athlete or the athlete’s legal guardian to arrange for supervision by a USA Swimming member-coach. The Meet Director or Meet Referee may assist the athlete in making arrangements for such supervision; however, it is recommended that such arrangements be made in advance of the meet by the athlete’s USA Swimming Club Member-Coach.
RACING STARTS: Athletes shall be certified by a USA Swimming member-coach as being proficient in performing a racing start, or shall start the race in the water. It is the responsibility of the athlete or the athlete’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
RESTRICTIONS: • Smoking and the use of other tobacco products is prohibited on the pool deck, in the locker rooms, in spectator seating, on standing areas and in all areas used by athletes, during the meet and during warm-up periods.
• Sale and use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all areas of the meet venue.
• No glass containers are allowed in the meet venue.
• Only athletes, coaches, officials, and volunteers shall be allowed on the pool deck.
• Deck Changes are prohibited. • Destructive devices, to include but not limited to, explosive devices and equipment, firearms (open or concealed), blades, knives, mace, stun guns and blunt objects are strictly prohibited in the swimming facility and its surrounding areas. If observed, the Meet Referee or his/her designee may ask that these devices be stored safely away from the public or removed from the facility. Noncompliance my result in the reporting to law enforcement authorities and ejection from the facility. Law enforcement officers (LEO) are exempt per applicable laws.
• Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present. • Pop-ups and tents shall not be allowed on deck, except at the west end of the pool. For fire and Safety purposes, the coaches’ area is for coaches only. Athletes may check in with their coaches but cannot stay there.
ELIGIBILITY: • Athletes shall be current members of USA Swimming and shall enter their name and registration number on their entries exactly as they are shown in their USA Swimming Registration. If this is not done, it may be difficult to match the athlete with the registration and times database. The meet host shall check all athlete registrations against the SWIMS database and if not found to be registered, the Meet Director shall accept the registration at the meet (a $10 surcharge shall be added to the regular registration fee). Duplicate registrations shall be refunded by mail.
• Athletes 13/Over are eligible to enter this meet. There is no proof of time. Entry times should be the athlete’s actual time and not the minimum standard.
• Athletes 11 and 12 years of age shall meet the Senior Open time standard as outlined by Pacific Swimming time verification procedures. No refunds shall be given if a time cannot be proven.
• Athletes under the age of 11 years are not eligible to compete.
• Disabled athletes are welcome to attend this meet and should contact the Meet Director or Meet Referee regarding special accommodations.
• No time conversions shall be accepted.
• Entries with “NO TIME” shall be rejected.
SEEDING: Event seeding shall be in the following order: conforming short course yards, non-conforming long course meters, and non-conforming short course meters - USA Swimming rules 207.11.7B. See Rules for distance events seeding.
CHECK-IN: The meet will be deck seeded. Athletes shall check-in at the Clerk-of-Course. No event shall be closed more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the session. Close of checkin for all events shall be no more than 60 minutes before the estimated time of the start of the first heat of the event. Athletes who do not check-in will not be allowed to compete in the event.
SCRATCH RULE: Athletes entered in a timed final individual event that is seeded on the deck that have checked in for that event, shall swim in the event unless they notify the clerk of the course before seeding for that event has begun that they wish to scratch. Failure to swim an event shall result in being barred from their next individual event.
ENTRY FEES: $6.50 per individual event plus an $8.00 per athlete participation fee. Entries shall be rejected if payment is not sent at time of request. No late entries shall be accepted. No refunds shall be made, except mandatory scratch downs.
ONLINE ENTRIES: To enter online go to http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/VJO20191116 to receive an immediate entry confirmation this method requires payment by credit card. Swim Connection LLC charges a processing fee for this service, equal to $1 per athlete plus 5% of the total Entry Fees. Please note that the processing fee is a separate fee from the Entry Fees. If you do not wish to pay the processing fee, enter the meet using a mail entry. Entering online is a convenience, is completely voluntary, and is in no way required or expected of an athlete by Pacific Swimming. Online entries shall be accepted through Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
MAILED OR HAND DELIVERED ENTRIES: Entries shall be on the attached consolidated entry form. Forms shall be filled out completely and printed clearly with athlete’s best time. Entries shall be entered using the current Pacific Swimming procedure: and postmarked by midnight, Monday, November 4, 2019 or hand delivered by 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Requests for confirmation of receipt of entries should include a self-addressed envelope.
Make check payable to: “Vallejo Aquatic Club” or “VJO”
Mail entries to: VJO Meet Director Hand deliver entries to: VJO Meet Director
Re: Swim Meet Entries Re: Swim Meet Entries
P.O. Box 5846 801 Heartwood Avenue
Vallejo, CA 94591 Vallejo, CA 94589
HOSPITALITY: Hospitality available for coaches, officials, timers, and volunteers. Lunches will be provided for coaches and working deck officials. A snack bar will be available throughout the competition.