CFY Arctic Blast
Coffman Arctic Blast February 16, 2020
Sunday, February 16, 2020
MORNING SESSION - 9-10 & 11-12
Warm Ups: TBD
Meet Starts: 8:10am
AFTERNOON - 13 & Over, 8 & Under
Warm-ups: TBD Meet Starts: TBD
Meet Rules:2019-2020 USA Swimming and Southwest Cluster YMCA rules apply.
Facility:The meet will be conducted at the Coffman Family YMCA. The pool consists of six lanes, 25 yards in length. Colorado Automatic timing and a 6 lane LED electronic score board are included, with limited spectator seating in the pool area. Separate bullpen areas are provided for swimmers.
- The use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms, or locker rooms.
- Flash photography is not permitted at the start of any race.
- No cameras (including cell phone cameras) or other recording devices are allowed behind the blocks at any time.
Eligibilty: All contestants must be a member in good standing with full physical privileges of the YMCA they represent. The swimmer’s age is determined as of 12/01/19.
Heat Limits:These events may be limited, if necessary, for timeline considerations:
- 13 & over age groups: 400 IM, 500 Free, 1650 Free.
- 12 & under age groups: 200 Free, 500 Free, 200 IM.
- Positive Check-in is required for 12 & Under 500 FR and 13 & Older 1650 FR.
The following events have qualifying times:
- 13 &
over age groups:
- 400 IM – 5:45.99,
- 500 Free – 6:00.00
- 11-12 age
- 200 Free – 2:39.99
- 500 Free – 6:20.00
- 200 IM – 3:01.99
- 9-10 age groups: 200 Free – 2:59.99
Individual events: $4.50
Entries: Swimmers will be limited to a maximum of 3 individual entries.
- All individual events will be swum in a mixed-gender format.
- Relays are to consist of the same gender.
- Relays of the same age-group may be swum as combined events at the discretion of the entry chair
Deck Entries: Swimmers will not be substituted for absent swimmers on their team unless they submit a deck entry application and pay the deck entry fee before the meet begins. Deck entries will be accepted only as space allows in each event, on a first-come basis, provided there is an open lane in the event or a swimmer has scratched. Deck entries will be accepted during the meet warm-ups only, until 45 minutes before the start of each session.
Deck Entry Fees:Payable as cash or check at time of entry
- Individual events: $7.00 Relays: $20.00
Heat Sheets: $5.00 for each session.
Clerk of Course will be provided for all 8 & under events, EXCEPT RELAYS
Concession:A variety of snacks, pizza, fruit, and drinks will be available for purchase at the meet. A large concession area will be provided. Please no food or drink in the pool area.
AWARDS: Individual event awards will be given to places 1 through 6. Relay event awards will be given to places 1 through 3.