Senior State Hosted by NSAC (Entries due by Feb 23)
(this is a team hosted event)
Minnesota Senior Short
Course State Championship
NORTH SUBURBAN AQUATIC CLUB
Recommended for ALL QUALIFIED MAKOS in the Junior/Senior/National Groups
Meet Type: This is a 3 ½ day state championships meet for all swimmers with verifiable Senior Championship qualifying times. This is a closed meet. Only swimmers from the Minnesota LSC can participate.
Fees: $8.00 MSI Entry Fee, $9.75 per individual splash ($5.50 Splash Fee + $4.25 Facility Splash Fee), $39.00 per relay splash ($22.00 Relay Splash + $17.00 Facility Splash Fee) and a $10.00 per swimmer program fee
Win it and Swim it: “Win it and swim it” qualifiers from the 2020 Winter Minnesota Regional Championships (MRC)
- These are the individual event champions from the MRC’s who have not achieved a “CH” time. There are no alternate “Win It and Swim It” qualifiers from the MRC’s if the champion chooses not to enter the individual event at the Senior State Meet.
- Only “Win It and Swim It” qualifiers age 15 & Over may enter the same event at the Senior State meet (14&Under Win It and Swim It qualifiers must enter the same event at the 14&Under State Meet)
|MRC individual events and corresponding State events|
|MRC event (SC)||State event (SC)|
|Para Events||Para Events|
- Win it and Swim it entrants must use their time from their qualifying MRC event to enter the corresponding event at the Senior State Meet.
- Relays may not be created using a single “Win it and Swim it” qualifier. There must be at least one other swimmer in the gender and age-group who qualified for the meet with an individual “CH” time.
- Swimmers entering under this new criterion must note this in the body of the email with your entries.
|Doors Open||Deck Access||Warm ups||Meet Start|
|Thursday Distance||3:00 pm||3:15 pm||3:30 pm||5:00 pm|
|Friday Prelims||8:00 am||8:15 am||8:30 am||10:00 am|
|Friday Finals||4:00 pm||4:15 pm||4:30 pm||6:00 pm|
|Saturday Prelims||8:00 am||8:15 am||8:30 am||10:00 am|
|Saturday Finals||4:00 pm||4:15 pm||4:30 pm||6:00 pm|
|Sunday Prelims||8:00 am||8:15 am||8:30 am||10:00 am|
|Sunday Finals||4:00 pm||4:15 pm||4:30 pm||6:00 pm|
Meet Location: Jean K. Freeman Aquatic Center, 1910 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
Entry Limitations: A swimmer may enter a maximum of 9 individual events but can only compete in a maximum 3 individual events per day to a maximum of 7 individual events in the meet. Relay events do not count against daily or meet maximums. All seed times must be either short course yards (seeded first) or long course meters (seeded last).
- Swimmer may swim a total of seven (7) individual championship events and (2) Time Trial events.
- All entries must be verifiable from January 1, 2019 to present.
Time Trials: Time trials will be offered, time permitting at the discretion of the meet referee. Time trials are open only to swimmers in the meet. Time trials count toward a swimmer’s daily entry limit (but not against their overall individual championship event total for the meet -See Entry Limitations). Sign up will be at the Admin/Meet Management table. There will be a cost of $10.00 per time trial event. A 10-minute warm-up for time trials will be allowed as time permits at the discretion of the meet referee. Time trial swimmers are required to supply their own timer. Any time trial must be submitted by the athlete’s coach.
TEAM COLORS Please wear either black/gold or NSAC apparel for warm ups at all swim meets. This promotes a more unified presence and promotes more team pride.
SPORTSMANSHIP Shake hands with opponents after races regardless if you won or lost, no goggle or cap throwing and only draw positive attention to our team.
EVENTS Coaches have the final say in all events that swimmers compete in. If you are entered into an event you do not want to swim, still give it your best. The coaches have your best interest in mind and put you in events they believe you can swim.
BE EARLY Please arrive 15 MINUTES prior to the start of meet warm ups.
COMMUNICATION Speak with your coaches before and after each race.
CHEERING It is important to cheer on your teammates throughout the duration of the whole meet. This helps to create a unified and supportive environment.