CYAC Fall Invite
Sign-ups for the CYAC Fall Invite are open for ALL swimmers. The deadline for signups is midnight, Sunday, October 13. The meet will be held at the Brooks YMCA, 151 McIntire Park Road, Charlottesville, VA, 22902.
- All 11 and older swimmers will compete on Saturday and Sunday MORNING.
- All 10 and under swimmers will compete on Saturday and Sunday AFTERNOON.
- The Friday distance session is open to all swimmers ages 9 and over and will occur Friday night.
This meet is NOT included in your swim dues. Fees for the meet will be billed to swimmer accounts -Individual events: $6.50 and a swimmer surcharge: $2.50 per person (entered in the meet in any capacity). Maximum entries are as follows:
- 8 & under swimmers may enter a MAXIMUM of 4 events on Saturday, and 4 events on Sunday.
- 9-10 swimmers may enter a MAXIMUM of 2 events on Friday, 4 individual events on Saturday, and 4 individual events on Sunday.
- 11 & over swimmers may enter a MAXIMUM of 1 event on Friday, 3 individual events on Saturday, and 3 individual events on Sunday.
8 & under swimmers will report to the clerk of course. 9 & over swimmers will report directly to the blocks.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. Heat sheets will be available for purchase throughout the meet. Concessions will be available at the facility. Grandstand seating is available for spectators. Seating is also permitted in the gym. Meet results will be posted in the gym.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “CYAC Fall Invite” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign
up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer will not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. Entry maximums are listed above.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks,
will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.