2019 Maura Marden Freestyle Frenzy @ Westport
THIS OPTIONAL MEET IS INTENDED FOR ALL COMPETITIVE SQUADS
From the Meet Host:
- PARKING: Meet parking is at the Red Barn – 292 Wilton
entrance is located on Route 33. Parents may drop off swimmers in the front circle
of the Y. A shuttle service will be running regularly. Please do not walk from the
parking lot over the Y. NO MEET PARKING IN THE COMMUTER LOT.
Ø Traffic directors will be on-site directing for drop off and then to the Red Barn
Ø Only cars with a handicap permit will be able to park in the designated handicap parking
spots by the main entrance.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated and on behalf of the Water Rat Swim Team and the Y, we
- MAAP: This meet is conducted according to the current USA
Swimming Rules and Regulations,
including the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy
- ONLY Coaches, Officials, and Meet Volunteers are allowed on the pool deck.
- Please be aware of the following:
- NO cameras, cell phones or other recording devices are allowed
or to be
used behind the starting blocks.
- Make sure all interactions with athletes are observable and interruptible.
- Deck changing is prohibited. Report instances of deck changing
to the meet
- Make sure you are not alone with an athlete in the locker room,
use the restroom. Be proactive and tell the meet director immediately if this
happens, even when it occurred through no fault of your own
- NO cameras, cell phones or other recording devices are allowed or to be
- Athlete Seating and Other Info:
- Folding chairs will be set up as well as benches around the pool deck. NO personal folding chairs are allowed on the pool deck.
- ALL swimmers will be on the pool deck.
- When leaving the pool deck, swimmers MUST be dry and wearing shoes. The Y is a NO BAREFOOT FACILITY.
- Spectator Seating: We know you want to watch your child’s
races and ask you to adhere to the following:
- Pool Observation Area: Limited seating is available. We ask you to be considerate and move in and out of the area when your child is swimming. NO sitting in the stair aisles.
- In our previously hosted meets, spectators have been considerate of others and have moved in and out of the observation deck and ask you do the same.
- No personal folding chairs are allowed in the hallway leading to the Pool Observation Area.
- The gym is open to members and NOT a spectating area.
- General Information:
- The area from the locker rooms onto the pool deck must be kept clear. Spectators may not stand there to watch or block the passageway.
- Locker Room Usage: Any swimmers under the age of 18 may not use the adult locker room. To use the Family Locker room, swimmers must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. Swimmers are to use the youth locker rooms.
- Concessions will be available. Heat Sheets will be available for sale for each session.
- The Child Watch Room is only available to Westport Weston Family Y members during the meet
Thank you very much for your help. Enjoy the meet!
LOCATION: Westport Weston Family Y
MEET FORMAT: The meet will be swum as a Timed Final Meet
ENTRY LIMITATIONS: Swimmers may enter all individual events offered for the session in which they compete.
ENTRY FEES: $9.00 for individual events. RAC surcharge per meet $10.00
SESSION TIMES: Subject to Change
Session I - Saturday Morning: 9-10 Girls (200FR,50FR,100FR) and 11-12 Boys (200FR,50FR,100FR,500FR)
Check-in 7:45am // Warm-up: 8 am// Meet Starts: 9:15 am
Session II - Saturday Afternoon: 9-10 Boys (200FR,50FR,100FR) and 11–12 Girls (200FR,50FR,100FR,500FR)
Check-in 12:00pm // Warmup 12:15pm // Meet Starts 1:30pm
Session III – Sunday Morning: All 13 & over swimmers (200FR,50FR,100FR,500FR)
Check-in 6:45am // Warmup 7:00am // Meet Starts 8:30am