NOVA December Dip 2019
Hi BASS Families!
The NOVA December Dip meet is now available for signups on our website. The meet will be held at the NOVA Aquatics Center, 12207 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23238 from December 6-8, 2019. Please sign up no later than midnight, Friday, November 15, 2018.
This meet is the second of the two championship meets for December (the other is the Sport Fair Meet for which sign ups have closed). This is a really good meet for our younger swimmers – those in the White and Red Groups, and those who do not have BB+ times or those who are new to BASS.
This meet is NOT included in your program fees. Fees for the meet will be billed to swimmer accounts -Individual events: $5.50/event and a swimmer surcharge: $2.50 per person (entered in the meet in any capacity). Swimmers may sign up for a maximum of 1 individual event on Friday, and 3 individual events per day on Saturday and Sunday.
Some important information:
- Friday night will be a distance session (10 & under, 11-18).
- 10 & under swimmers will compete in the morning sessions on Saturday and Sunday. 11-18 year old swimmers will compete in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday.
- There is a distance session Sunday afternoon (11 & Over 500 free).
- All events are timed finals.
- There is no clerk of course for this meet, meaning that swimmers should report directly to the block for their events.
- Spectator deck space is limited (bleacher seating for about 280). The host team asks that only necessary carry-in items be brought in, and that swim bags and other bags be placed under the bleachers when possible. There is space on the practice pool deck for chairs, but that also is limited.
We will not have a timing obligation at this meet.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “NOVA December Dip 2019” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign <Name> up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. NOTE: Your swimmer may enter UP TO 1 event on Friday, and UP TO 3 events each day on Saturday and Sunday. When you click the check box, the entry time will highlight.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks, <Name> will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.